Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not delete the topics from the RH Project Manager or from the WYSIWIG

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having a problem with deleting the files and need some help!

I am working in RH Html 6.
I was having a problem in deleting two folders, with its two subfolders and its topics, of course I was trying to deleting the topic first then I would had delete the subfolders and then the folder.
However, I could not even delete the topic. It’s not the first time I am doing it, I was always able to delete it but somehow this topic was created and deleted and created with the same name and after that the deleting of that topic would just not do anything. I right clicked the topic and selected the delete from the menu but it just sat there.

Since I could not delete these topics, subfolder and the folders from RH I went in Visual Source safe and deleted from there and as well as from Windows Explorer, these were the htm & the fpj extention files of each.

Now, I am back in RH and the files are still there but the red check is in front of these files and if I try to delete them again I get ‘Cannot Complete Operation’ error message it displays that “The files in the list below could not be found in version control. You may need to get the latest version of this before you can delete this topic” – but I have gotten the latest but my files are deleted from VSS and RH is expecting those files.

How do I get rid of this problem? Now how can I delete these unwanted files and unfortunately after that I would have to create the files with the same name again.

Please help me out!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2007 Dec 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am still waiting if anybody knows the solution to it, please reply me!

Thanks
Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sangeeta.

When you check your source files out of VSS do you store them on a hard or network drive. You should always store them on a hard drive. That may be the cause of the initial problem. EIther that or maybe a network administrator has been messing around with the rights you have on your PC?

If you have deleted the files from VSS and Windows Explorer I'd get them back before doing anything else. NEVER delete RH files from outside of RH as knows nothing of what you have done and you end up with the red crosses you now how. If you restore the files from your recycle bin you should get back to the position you were first in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for sharing your views with me!

I only see .htm files in the recycline bin. Although i had deleted .htm & .fpj files. Anyway, i will delete those .htm files and see what happens!

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nooooo! Don't delete them. RESTORE them! If you delete them from your recycle bin you are up the preverbial creek without a paddle! Have you actually deleted your FPJ file? If you have, it must also be in the recyle bin unless you have deleted it from there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I really meant to say I will restore them. I have restored those two .htm files but I don't see them in Explorer. However, I do see them in RH and red checks are also gone.

You seem to be little concerned about the .fpj files I have deleted. Now I am not sure to pursue with the restored files or personally I would like to delete them and create new that would give it a clean start. But then again I am afraid since I have deleted the same name files more than two times and this time when I will delete them RH is going to give me a message that the same name files have been deleted before if you like to restore them, I remember I clicked No to all last time and that's where I started having problem - that after I selected the file I wanted to delete I click the delete icon from the toolbar and RH would just sit there and wouldn't delete the files I was attempting to delete that is why I had to delete them from Visual Source safe and Explorer. That gave me even bigger headache.

I am really confused about what route I should take now, if you can please give me your views on that!

Thanks for your help,
Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sangeeta.
I'm wondering if it may be worth renaming the topic file names in RH using the topic properties dialog. It sounds like this create/delete/create may have confused things and there are still references to the original files somewhere. If you rename the files, maybe this will allow you to delete the HTM files properly. If it doesn't, you may want to try doing a search through the project's source files and see what is referencing these files. If you do this, make sure you include all your project's files, not just the HTM ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp