• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index keywords missing

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just released a version of our software with context-sensitive help that I had built in. We are finding that the index is missing some keywords from everyone's software installation, except mine. The .chm files are identical between my installation and everyone else's installation. Are there some necessary supporting files that the index uses, which might have been installed on my local pc when I installed RoboHelp, but which everyone else is missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each CHM contains all the details required to display index keywords so there is no reason why this be down to a missing file. It must be something else. Can you tell us what version of RH you are using and also the OS of both you and your users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp version 6. My operating system is Windows XP Pro 2002, service pack 2. The other users in my office are using the same OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using multiple CHMs merged into a single master project? If so, do your users have all the CHMs stored in the same location? Is it just the index that is affected or the TOC to? What happens if a user opens a CHM manually (i.e. outside the application)? Do the index keywords appear? Lots of questions but leading to the same problem 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are all great questions, which have led to some answers!

I am using multiple CHMs merged into a single master project. If another user opens the CHM that is missing the keywords manually, the index keywords do appear. But if they open the master CHM manually, the keywords don't appear for them, even though the keywords do appear for me. If the other user opens the master CHM, the merged CHM does exist in the TOC and the pages are all there. So it is just the keywords in the index that do not appear in the master CHM for that user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm wondering if it may be worth trying to remove and re-add the slave CHMs into the Master CHM and shipping these to your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp