• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating the accessible version

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Generating the accessible version different in v6 and v7? I'm trying to decided if to upgrade and this seems to be the sticky point. I'm hoping that the accessible version goes away in v7 and it's all accessible :-)

Thanks!

Stacie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007
Hi all

Please pardon my unsolicited intrusion into the thread.

Version 7 changes nothing with regards to accessible WebHelp. You will still have to generate a second copy of your WebHelp system and place it in its own location on the server if you have Section 508 needs.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: staciecm
Is Generating the accessible version different in v6 and v7? I'm hoping that the accessible version goes away in v7 and it's all accessible

Hi Stacie. What do you mean by this? Also can you confirm the output type you are generating (e.g. CHM, Webhelp). It sounds like you have issues with the way RH6 generates the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML. In RoboHelp v6, you can generate an accessible version of your WebHelp - no jsp, frames, etc. It's basically a text only version of WebHelp. But the problem is that now, there are two versions of you help content. I was wondering if RoboHelp v7 handles this any differently - is there only one version of RoboHelp that is accessible?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "there are two versions of your help content"?

Like Colum, I haven't a clue what you mean by "I'm hoping that the accessible version goes away in v7 and it's all accessible"

Accessibility is something that some users have to deliver and accept the limitations but not everyone uses those settings. Accessiblity is not something that can go away as some need it for legal reasons.

Maybe you mean something else by accessibility but at the moment, we don't understand your question.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Please pardon my unsolicited intrusion into the thread.

Version 7 changes nothing with regards to accessible WebHelp. You will still have to generate a second copy of your WebHelp system and place it in its own location on the server if you have Section 508 needs.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I suppose I should follow that by explaining what I perceived to be different views and difficulty understanding.

If you have needs that specify you have to create Section 508 output, it has always meant (and still means) that if you desire a skinned WebHelp system, you deliver two entirely separate WebHelp outputs. You then either offer a choice up front as to which system is opened (for example, an option in your software) or you offer a link off a page or within your Skinned WebHelp system that opens the 508 version.

I think Stacie was wishing upon a star for a simplification of this process. One that doesn't yet exist. The ability to offer the best of both worlds in a single output. Skins with Section 508 too!

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Said much better - we generate two views, then have a link to the accessible version from the webhelp version.
Thank you Rick!!!!! Yes, I am looking for a shortcut - we have to test both versions and I was hoping that v7 rolls everything into one generate/view.

Stacie

quote:

Originally posted by: RoboWizard
Hi again

I suppose I should follow that by explaining what I perceived to be different views and difficulty understanding.

If you have needs that specify you have to create Section 508 output, it has always meant (and still means) that if you desire a skinned WebHelp system, you deliver two entirely separate WebHelp outputs. You then either offer a choice up front as to which system is opened (for example, an option in your software) or you offer a link off a page or within your Skinned WebHelp system that opens the 508 version.

I think Stacie was wishing upon a star for a simplification of this process. One that doesn't yet exist. The ability to offer the best of both worlds in a single output. Skins with Section 508 too!

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds logical but that would seem to be almost an impossible dream.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp