• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with authorising my computer to download an e-book

New Here ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the stage where I have to get authorisation for my computer, I am unable to continue. Upon clicking the the authorise button, either of the two messages will appear:-

1) Adobe Digital Editions informs me that "An error has been detected: Connection Error: Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server / Please make sure you are connected to the Internet / To retry, click the Try Again button.

NB: This is the case whether I try to get authorisation with or without creating an ID. The result is I get to the same window prompting me to "Authorise Your Computer". For the avoidance of doubt, I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET when I try to perform these functions.

2) Upon clicking the authoise button, there is a blank screen. I normally wait about a minute and if nothing happens then I close the blank screen. Upon doing so, a message appears "Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and will notify you if a solution is available."

Can anyone out there provide a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Stela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.114137

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Restart your machine and try again

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am running in circles as the result is the same.

Thank you for the link but I have already had this page provided to me by my school. Nevertheless, I followed your advise, downloaded the latest version once again and restarted my computer. Again, I am not able to get my computer authorised, with or without an ID. I get either of the two messages : 1) Microsoft tells me there is a problem with my computer. 2) Adobe tells me I have no internet access and in order to proceed I should gain internet access. 20150503_045011_resized.jpg20150503_045212_resized.jpg

That is the reason why I have today purchased an AVG software. I have additionally purchased the service of having the AVG software installed on my computer by an AVG representative remotely by allowing him temporary access to my laptop. Subsequently he installed the software successfully, run all necessary checks, optimised my computer and there are currently no problems with it whatsoever.

I have then asked him for this additional favour to watch me trying to download the e-book using your software, just in case I am doing something incorrectly. He agreed and upon my attempting to download the e-book again, the same problems occurred. He followed the steps himself - again no joy. He then advised me to ask Adobe for help. In his opinion the program Adobe stops responding and there is nothing more he could do to help me. I had his reassurances that my computer is in full working order and the problem does not lie here.

I am back to you asking you for help. I am attaching here photos of the two messages that keeping popping up whenever I try to download the e-book.

Is there anything at all you can do to help me? I quite need this e-book for my exam which is fast approaching. I would be really grateful if you could sort something out...

Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Stela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Quickly you can do a check.

Open your browser

Type URL: https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Status

Press enter

You should see something like:

Capture.PNG

If it says "UP", this indicates ADE will be able to contact activation server.

If not, then, maybe firewall is causing you this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Unfortunately, having stopped firewall on my computer and all antivirus programs to allow computer authorisation to take place, we got exactly the same result the message is as attached - see photo.

I have also been in touch with my school and the tech support there have advised me the following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, please check the following

Open your browser

Type URL: https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Status

Press enter

Does it say like "UP"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Unfortunately none of the advice you gave me proved helpful.

My brother saw a discussion on your forums re the problem with authorisation I am experiencing. He realised many people were experiencing the same problems while using the latest version of adobe digital editions.

Here is a solution:-

1) Download version 2 of Adobe Digital Editions

2) Get your computer authorised

3) Download the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions

4) Finally download the ebook desired.

Conclusion - the latest version of Adobe Digital Edition has some problem that needs sorting. Whilst looking for a solution, you may wish to provide other users with the information I am providing you here with.

Regards,

Stela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines