Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skins - Main Toolbar - Editing Screen Tips

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Using RoboHelp X5 to develop a WebHelp project. I added a custom item "About" on the Skins Main Toobar, which links to about.htm. The topic display information about the help file.

When the user hovers over the button, the name of the button displays. Is it possible to modify the screen tip to display additional information? If so, how?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tooltip is only designed to display text and may even have a limit to the number of characters - although I have not tested this. What exactly do you want to display. Could this be handled by something in the about.htm topic itself of maybe even a redirect topic that is displayed and then navigates to the about.tm file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The about.htm is displays information about the the file, (i.e., author, different font colors depending if the text is a hyperlink or a drop-down). My goal is to display a synopsis of the about page on in the screen tip.

To a certain extent I find the tool tips on the Skins tool bar somewhat ridiculous. If a user hovers over the Contents button, the tool tip displays "Contents", that is not much of a tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi CRO1

If you have a copy of my Skinny on Skins file, I have a topic inside that describing how to change the tooltip for the About/Powered By item.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp