• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of Memory error when inserting Captivate demo

Explorer ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to insert an Adobe Captivate demo into a topic, I get an error message that simply says "Out of Memory". I thought this might have something to do with our SharePoint source control, so I tried adding the same .SWF file to a project NOT in source control (stored on my local), and I got the same error. I am using RoboHelp 10. The .SWF file is 62,716 KB. HELP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Is it only this demo that is giving problems? It might very well be the SWF size.

If this is the only file giving problems, can you try the following:

- Create a small SWF file with the same file name as the SWF you are trying to import (from CP or by renaming a text file) and import that into RoboHelp.

- Replace the SWF file that was included in the RH project with the SWF that was giving problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm aware there are a few different ways these can be "inserted". Can you please outline the process you are following?

Are you using RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML 10.0.1.292. From the Insert menu, I'm selecting Adobe Captivate Demo. And then I click the Browse button to the right of "Multimedia Name" and select the .SWF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only this demo that is giving problems? It might very well be the SWF size.

If this is the only file giving problems, can you try the following:

- Create a small SWF file with the same file name as the SWF you are trying to import (from CP or by renaming a text file) and import that into RoboHelp.

- Replace the SWF file that was included in the RH project with the SWF that was giving problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks William. That worked...sort of. I'm able to view the video when I publish the project but if I try to open the topic that contains the video in RH, it crashes. Oh well, at least the video works published!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp