• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

running win 8.1 and in desktop mode Internet Explorer will not play flash files. I have tried active x filter and shockwave add in verification. still does not play and only shows litle box in corner with x in it. Can't reload becasue it says it is alread

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an HP Envy touchsmart notebook and for some reason flash will not play on internet explorer 11 but will play in chrome. I have searched the web and found the popular solutions which are not working for me. I have tried looking at the add ons and making sure shockwave is enabled. It is. I have also looked at whether ActiveX filter is on and it is not.

The Adobe help pages says that the flash player is installed but not enabled.

I thought maybe just to download the flash player and start from scratch. When I do and I run the installer, it says it already exists and there is not a way to continue when that happens.

Anyadvice would be helpful please. this is driving me nuts.

Thank you

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You cant install flash player for IE on Windows 8.1 using installer files because on windows 8.1 microsoft provides latest flash player with its windows update. Kindly perform the below steps

1. Perform windows update to get the latest version of flash player

2. Goto IE -> Tools  -> Safety -> Make sure ActiveX Filtering is not checked

3. Goto IE -> Tools -> Manage Add ons -> Select "All add ons" in the drop down menu on left -> Make sure "Shockwave Flash object" is Enabled

4. Visit Flash Player Help on IE and click on "Check now" button and post the screenshot here using How to post a screenshot in the forum

I hope it solves your problem.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Varun -

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in the body of my email, I have tried all the suggestions you mentioned and still no Flash playing. Here is the screenshot you requested.

Capture.JPG

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines