• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing/Reappearing CHM files

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a bit of a naming snafu with my CHM files. Turns out that the names I gave some of the files were too long and had underscores, which caused problems when I committed the projects to Subversion (the software versioning app we use). I've tried creating new CHM files and deleting the old ones but the old ones come back. I've tried deleting the new ones and just renaming the old ones but they both come back.

I know that the information must be stored in another file type in the project I can't see where to trace this down and how to fix it. I need to resolve this issue before I continue with my documentation and time is getting short. Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do to fix this? Thanks.

-Trip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007
Are you saying that your CHM file names are revereting top the old names after you compile? If so, that's easily fixed. Right click on your Microsoft HTML Help single source layout and select "Properties". In the first field you can specify the file name (and path) for the output file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that your CHM file names are revereting top the old names after you compile? If so, that's easily fixed. Right click on your Microsoft HTML Help single source layout and select "Properties". In the first field you can specify the file name (and path) for the output file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I knew there was a setting, I just didn't remember how to get to it. Now that I've been tinkering around, I need to figure out a way to set specfic pages to open when I open the project such as specifying an "introduction" page to appear by default. I know I can do this when I initially create a project. Where do I go to reset this option after the project is created? Thanks.

-Trip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trip.

Further down in the same dialog is a field called "Default Topic". This specifies the topic that is displayed when the CHM first opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Colum. I must be blind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp