• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Closed Captions and Mandarin/Chinese language

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Adobe Presenter 10 user.  I am wanting to create a presentation in english (audio being in english) and I would like to have Chinese/Mandarin captions or subtitles. After browsing the forums I see that Mandarin wasn't a supported language.  Is there anyway for me to get captions to appear in mandarin? Or is there a way for me to manually add mandarin subtitles into the recorded presentation?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font support would be the biggest hurdle, but if you publish to your computer before pushing the presentation to Connect, then you should be able to get around it.

The CC function is for Adobe Presenter Video Creator. There is more information about using that here, Bridging the Closed Captioning Gap in Adobe Presenter 10 | RealEyes Media, and here, Automatically generated closed captions from Speech to Text with Adobe Presenter 10 - YouTube, and here, Presenter Help | Adobe Presenter Video Express (Windows & Mac). Have you tried placing Mandarin text in there? What was the result?

Your best option for CC in Presenter (PPT content) is to put in text boxes with your desired CC text and use the entrance/exit animations to have them come and go. have them cued on click and then sync the animations with the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I've tried to place mandarin text directly into the caption section, but Adobe does not read this text.  It'll only pull out the english text for the CC, but doesn't show the mandarin subtitles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried working with the SRT file instead of placing text in the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not attempted to use the SRT file yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources