• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past month I have had an increasing number of incidents of Lightroom 5.7 not responding as soon as the program opens. As soon as I select an image, or choose Develop or Library or any other command, the (Not Responding) message appears in the title bar and the application freezes. It does not close on its own and I have waited as long as 10 minutes for it to respond before giving up. I have to open the task manager to shut down the program.

When I do open the task manager, sometimes only Lightroom is listed -- with the message it is not responding. Sometimes other items are listed, too: Bezel and Shadow.

taskmanager.PNG

Sometimes in the task bar it will indicate more than one window for Lightroom and when I click on the icon for the program, I will see this:

bezel_shadow.PNG

But I am not able to close those windows by clicking on the X next to their names.

I checked the memory being used by the program and it seems high, but I don't know if it higher now than it was a month ago when I wasn't having any problems with the program.

memoryused.PNG

I do not have any other large applications running while this is happening. (In the example above I have Firefox open, but that was an exception -- I was looking up advice on how to fix the problem. I have also tried shutting down Advanced SystemCare 8, but that makes no difference).  I have tried it with an external hard drive attached and detached -- no difference. I tried updating the program and it says I have the latest version. I updated Windows this afternoon.

I also attempted to update my graphics card driver, but that caused a number of other issues and I had to restore my computer to a previous restore date.

I am running the 64-bit application on Windows 7 64-bit on a Lenovo E545 laptop. I have 4 MB Ram and the processor is 2.9 Ghz

I have no problems with any other applications, including Photoshop CC. It seems like a memory issue, but why is Lightroom being such a memory hog? Wouldn't Photoshop use more resources?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

I should have instead linked to the post that referenced this flickr post -- it had a few more details.

Under View --> View options --> Loupe View, uncheck "Show message when loading or rendering photos."

I don't know what this means or how it relates to Bezel or even what Bezel is, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have just solved my own problem. Right after posting this I googled bezel lightroom and found this: Flickr: Discussing The word 'bezel' appears in the taskbar. in Adobe Lightroom

I changed the setting in the view menu and now everything appears to be working fine. I cannot explain why it stopped working before because I hadn't made any previous changes to the view options.

Still am curious about the memory usage, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what did you change in the view options? I looked at the discussion in the Flickr thread and have no idea what they mean by "switching off the Loading bezel".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have instead linked to the post that referenced this flickr post -- it had a few more details.

Under View --> View options --> Loupe View, uncheck "Show message when loading or rendering photos."

I don't know what this means or how it relates to Bezel or even what Bezel is, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me as well! Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem. Lightroom 5.7 is painfully slow when i apply the adjustment brush and zoomed in the image to make correction. I keep seeing the bezel window in the background when LR is slow. Now I done as you suggested.

It works!.

Thank you for sharing jldorner‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with version 6. I had to restart the program and it seems to be fixed so far. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as you all, fixed as suggested and it works fine!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started having this problem as i was editing some wedding photos i uninstalled and re installed  the program after trying what u said it seems to be working fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue Resolved.

AMD users, if you have the latest driver with catalyst 15.7.1 then open catalyst control center.

go to the tab named power/switchable graphics application settings

now run lightroom as admin

in catalyst  window, lightroom cef helper.exe is not assigned a graphic card, so you assign it the power saver graphics and click apply.

lightroom should work smoothly afterwards.

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened the Catalyst Control Center and under power, "switchable graphics application settings" does not appear (in the standard or advanced views)

power.PNG

Today I downloaded and installed the update for Lightroom available through Creative Cloud. It made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines