• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to flip video clip horizontally in Adobe Premiere Elements 11 ?

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that APE 11 is able to rotate video clip left or right but I need to flip one short video clip horizontally.  Something like to switch the subject walk in from right to left. 

How can I do that in APE 11 ?  

Thanks.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

AAClub

Please refer to fx Effects/Transform/ and the option there for Horizontal Flip.

Please let us know the outcome after you have dragged the effect into the Timeline clip. Did it achieve the effect you wanted?

We can fine tune the information based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAClub

Please refer to fx Effects/Transform/ and the option there for Horizontal Flip.

Please let us know the outcome after you have dragged the effect into the Timeline clip. Did it achieve the effect you wanted?

We can fine tune the information based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Rock !

I spent whole night searching for this option but don't know it's hiding there. 

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAClub

Thanks for the update with wonderful news that the Horizontal Flip is going to work for your video project. Great job.

Also be on guard if you are in the Quick workspace looking for somethings....often there are options in the Expert workspace that are not found in the Quick workspace. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

And, if you find a feature and wonder about what it is all about, please ask about that too.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Help !!

I edited the video today with APE 11 like many project before.

As mentioned previously, I only flip one clip on timeline.  Everything looks good after adding 15 clips, text and audio.  Playing back the finished video on timeline perfectly.

As usual, I saved it as MP4 (1980x1080 24p) file.  However, when playing the saved MP4 file, everything goes wrong, all images are flipped (left side changed to right side), including text.  The backgound music (MP3) is not playing.  I didn't make any change when exporting working file to MP4.  How come it turns out this way ?  Did I make mistake ? 

Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to test with previous APE 11 working files (.pre).  Same result, the working file is perfect when playing in Timeline but all flipped horizontally after output to a MP4 file.

What's wrong with my setting ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result after upgrading to APE 12.

Working files playing normally on Timelines but all Left/Right flipped after outputting to MP4 files..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAClub

Thanks for the follow up. Let us go through the details to determine if we can spot the cause of the clip flipping in the export issue.

1. Problem with Premiere Elements 11 and 12/12.1. What are the properties of the video that you are importing into the project? Brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded these videos would be good information. Any chance these files are from cell phone or device that records with a variable frame rate or had effects added to them in 3rd party software before imported into Premiere Elements?

2. Is the problem confined to one set of video files? Did you use these exact files before without problems? Before did you use files from the same camera as these current ones? If so, do you have files from prior use to determine if what was good before is now still good while current is bad?

As a preliminary step, let us delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 11.0 or 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

11.0 or 12.0

and in the 11.0 or 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 or 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.

Eventually, I uninstalled APE 11 and re-installed  APE12, everything is back to normal.  I have no clue what screwed up everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AAClub

Wonderful news that your Premiere Elements is running normally. Well done.

Sometimes the uninstall reinstall needs a free ccleaner run through between the uninstall and reinstall to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls. If all is going well and you did not use the cleaner in the troubleshooting,  I would not use the cleaner at this time. Leave everything as is and enjoy your success.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines