Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM File Comparison Utility -- Figure/Table Comparison Issue

Participant ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows,

The Framemaker file/book comparison utility seems to be a half-baked feature that is incapable of showing differences between 2 versions of a table/figure. Moreover, when a table is deleted, the CMP file does not clearly show that, unless you check the table anchor and see that it is conditionalized as Deleted. Unfortunately, the comparison utility has not been improved much in FM12.

Has any of you tried extending the capabilities of the comparison utility through scripting? AFAIK, the Extendscript compare() function parameters do not allow improving too much, so alternative ways should be used.

Thanks for your input in advance!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't received any suggestion yet, so it looks like no one has really dealt with this issue so far. This seems to be a good opportunity for the advanced scripters here to create an enhanced content comparison utility.

In the meantime, I'll try to come up with my own solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines