• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

install warns connection error

Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!!

was trying to update the flash player ,it went well to download but when to start install it warns me "connection error" but i test my internet working just fine, i tried and restart my mac lots of time , still the same problem ! my mac is 10.9.5

please help, whats wrong with it ? i even uninstall the flash player and try to start over from the very first step , but still no GOING NUTS

Untitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just found the solution

download the offline installer

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

and restart mac after you download it successfully then you can update to the latest flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is doing the exact thing with me only thing is i'm using Windows XP and FireFox which is incompatible with offline installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylerxx,

What version of Firefox are you using?  Does your XP system have Service Pack installed, if so what version?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Firefox 37.0.2

XP sp2

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mrsirismoon,

This is the online installer that is failing to download the installer in the background.  The connection error could be caused by a few different issues, I'd like to obtain some log files from you.  Please do the following to obtain the log files:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory, on XP, this is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\labuser\Local Settings\Temp for XP
    • Run the online installer again
    • After the connection error returns, provide the following log files using the instructions here How to share a document:
      • The ADM.trace file created in step 1
      • The two log files saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Also, when downloading the file are you saving it locally or do you select 'Run' from the download/save dialog?  Do you have Virus protection and/or Firewall configured on your system?  If so, which programs do you have installed?

The Windows offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylerxx,

Offline installers are compatible with Windows XP as XP is still a supported platform. 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines