• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot View photos in develop Mode in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since loading lightroom CC and overcoming the initial issues with it not opening i have now encountered another major issue. Whilst pictures are available in library mode when switching to Develop mode there is just a large blue rectangle with white X like a St Andrews flag obliterating the image entirely. The picture is showing in the navigator panel and the strip below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Found it!, the helpdesk didn't know the thing, but,  try unchecking the GPU option in Preferences>Performance tab, and then the picture suddenly appears...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!, the helpdesk didn't know the thing, but,  try unchecking the GPU option in Preferences>Performance tab, and then the picture suddenly appears...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

sorted it straight away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.... thanks for this. Been searching for some time for a fix to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accept my sincere thanks. 

Much obliged for the provided solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Worked right away, thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see GPU under the performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks.

That is perhaps the most obscure fix I've ever encountered.  I upgraded to CC a few months ago to get the full version of Photoshop and just now upgraded my Lightroom 5 to CC.  Tried to edit my first image in Develop mode and got a blue triangle with a white X through it.  Total panic mode for me.  Thanks so much for posting the fix.  Absolutely worked.  Saved the Day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix may not be obvious, but it isn't really that obscure. If you had entered something like "blue screen with white X" in the search feature at the top of the forum, you would have seen several threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same problem in develop screen.  Indeed, it is a miraculous fix.   Add my thanks to the that of the others,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, mine the main image just unchanged while i edit, thanks so much and this solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it and it worked!  thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slightly the same problem only no blue X just a grey background, turned off GPU still not showing, any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try-

Reboot Computer, restart Lightroom.

Check for Graphic Card driver updates from the OEM (Windows updates not always useful!)

Check your Monitor Profile is not corrupt. Instructions here-  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

"turned off GPU"-  That was in the Lightroom Preferences, right? (Not in Windows Device Manager!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more then 8 years later and it still fixes the problem - mbp 16" with m1 max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you nogas.... This fixed my issue.  Could not find answer anywhere and helpdesk was useless. Commenting so others may see.  Uncheck the GPU performance option (user Graphics Processor for me).  I hope this does not create issues editing later though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines