Exit

Topics Missing in Chm file generated

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I have some problems using RoboHELP as i m a novice in the field of robohelp,
at the time of creating a Chm from a .hlp file , my team observed that the complete browse sequence has been divided into certain groups naturally, to shorten the searching time , but after the end of a certain group and Just before the beginning of the next group,A topic is gone missing.
this phenomenon is happening in every group created.
can anyone suggest why Chm generated is not having those certain topics.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eric and welcome to the RH community.

If I have understood you correctly you had a HLP file with a single (large) browse sequence that when it was converted into a CHM divided the browse sequence up into smaller ones. It also "dropped" a topic from the beginning of each browse sequence.

I assume that these topics do appear in the CHM output (i.e. in the TOC or can be accessed from the index or search feature) just not in the browse sequence. If so, how big was the original browse sequence. It is not normal for a browse sequence to be divided like this. Can you also confirm which version of RH you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum ,
thank you for the reply and for the warm welcome u gave me on the community,

You understood the scenario completely, and i already searched those topics in TOC , they are surely there but in those HTML pages it is written as "Missing topic found during conversion."
However, in the INDEX entries they are not present.

and the total browse sequence was pretty big i mean we are having some 270 pages/topics in one CHM file.

and currently we are working with TRIAL Version of Robohelp 6.
However the same problem persists in Trial version of robohelp 7 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can any one atleast temme how these groups are made in the browse sequences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a whole book in the online help on Browse Sequences.

You simply click the New button once you are in the browse sequence editor.

Topics can be added with the arrows or dragged into postion.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

That thing i tried out and yes you are right the topics got added into the browse sequence but still they were showing that "MISSING TOPIC FOUND DURING CONVERSION" instead of what they are supposed to show i mean the actual content.

In fact the thing is that the content of those certain topics is missing at the time of opening a "hlp file using robohelp".and then the same topic is not included in the browse sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me some screenshots via my website?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i m sorry to say but this is a secured project so i cant send you any screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the browse sequence and the dialog going to tell me?

Surely you can edit the image to remove any sensitive data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In addition to what Peter has offered, could you try creating a new project and importing the HLP file when you create. Does the same happen again? If it does, try taking a copy of your Winhelp project and split up the single browse sequence into two/three. Then compile and import into a new CHM project. Let us know what the results are.

BTW apologies for the late response. We are all authors ourselves here so sometimes have to honour the hand that feed us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp