• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp generated from RH11 has empty navigation panes when viewed in IE8, 10, 11, and Chrome. Any solution other than going back to RH9? (This thread - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1830443 - didn't help.) Thanks.

New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp generated from RH11 has empty navigation panes when viewed in IE8, 10, 11, and Chrome. Any solution other than going back to RH9? (This thread - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1830443 - didn't help.) Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. 

As I switch between content categories (i have three of them) the navigation pane will appear empty in 1 or more categories while viewing WebHelp in Chrome.  The TOC does not appear even when I refresh the browser..

But, this does not happen in IE.

RH 11.04.291, Webhelp

Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m

IE 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that there's a number of browser-based display peculiarities in RH11's WebHelp output. I hope someone at Adobe notices this thread ASAP because I have to tell the client by end-of-day tomorrow (Friday) whether there's a solution to their problem (and perhaps yours as well) other than reverting the project to RH9, something that would cause a lot of headaches and lead to a very unhappy client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange. Can you send a me an example project exhibiting this behaviour? (By for example creating a blank project and importing one or two topics?)

RoboHelp 11.0.4. patches the browser issues that I know of, but perhaps a new issue occured. Please send it to me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu. Please provide a link to this thread in your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not.

The Chrome problem went away seemingly at random. Everyone who reported having the problem suddenly reported not having it. I'm wondering whether they hadn't restarted their PCs for a while and were having memory overwrites but that's purely a guess. However, you might try rebooting your PC and then restarting the WebHelp to see if that solves the problem.

The IE problem was limited to one PC and that too seems to have gone away at random. The owner of that PC had rebooted, so I'm wondering whether she didn't have some unusual configuration that no one else did. I did ask her to run the WebHelp with the IE Developers Console open and report any messages that showed up in the Console (2nd menu item from the left). She reported this message "The attached page targets document mode 5. Some console features and APIs may not be available." but a Google search for it didn't turn up anything useful.

Sorry. Wish I had some more useful information for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks.

The issue is repeatable, more than 1 user, and even after reboots.  It occurs on output (non-customized, auto-generated files) and published files. (local files). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp