• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping SESSION alive between HTTP and HTTPS? Or even across sub-domains?

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I've been searching Google for this, and I'm finding a lot of information about ColdFusion session variables; but I'm not finding anything (so far) on keeping session variables alive between HTTP and HTTPS, or across sub-domains (ie, from www.domain.com to img.domain.com to vote.domain.com, etc.)

Is there a tutorial or KB on this subject?

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you set up the session in the CF admin? I.e. are you using J2EE sessions etc.

Are these subdomains located on the same server as the first request? Do they all have the same application name? (setup in the Application.cfc)

There is some examples here - SESSION variables across subdomains. How to make them visible? on how others have done it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received confirmation from our admin that the J2EE session variables are being used.

Subdomains are on same server, same application name.

I am equally concerned about protocols. 

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, @tej_web.  I should have provided more specifics in my original post.

The link you provided _should_ work, if the CF Server in question is v11 update 5.  We have submitted CF11 to testbed, but it will be quite a while before it's approved (IF it's approved.)

We are currently using CF9.0.1 for some sites/apps, and CF10 for the rest.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think it wont it work in CF 9 or CF 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The (currently) last comment by Charlie Arehart.

This is said to be fixed finally in update 5 of CF11. See the "bugs fixed" document linked to from https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-1..., which has a link to the bug report above and indicates it's resolved. (There's no mention of it in the CF10 bugs fixed though. That would be a shame if it was happening in 10 but not fixed in it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using domains without a prefix then? Your first post states you are not. If that bug only affects domains without prefix then you shouldnt have a problem.

Also you could just always redirect to www. if no prefix is used. There is a template url rewrite rule in IIS just for that, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation