• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing top frame margins around the Contents button/image (X5)

Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced the standard Contents button with my own 56px-high image along with a 58px-high toolbar background gradient image to match other non-WebHelp parts of my internal KB (the background image has to be 58px to sync with the gradient on the Contents replacement image and not leave a margin between the bottom of it and the top of the content pane).

Instead of the Contents image being flush with the top and left parts of the browser window, there is a 4px margin to the left of the image, and 2px margins on both the top and bottom of the image. In the Index.htm, I found the frameset code for the top pane:

var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\"61,*\" hostof=\"parent:toolbar!startpage:yes\" frameborder=\"0\" border=\"0\"><frame src=\"whskin_tbars.htm\" id=\"toolbar\" frameborder=\"0\" border=\"0\" scrolling=\"no\" noresize marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" title=\"Toolbar\"></frame><frame src=\"whskin_frmset01.htm\" frameborder=\"1\" border=\"1\" scrolling=\"auto\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\"></frame></frameset>";

If I change the 61 to 59, the 2px margin on the bottom of the image disappears, but if I go any further, the image is cropped and the top 2px margin remains. In that same block of code, I tried changing the frameborder and border parameters that were 1 to 0, but that didn't have any apparent effect. And in the whskin_tbars.htm file, I tried adding leftmargin="0" and topmargin="0" to the body tag, but that didn't do anything either.

Those are the only obvious places I can find to try any remove those margins. Anyone else know where else to look?

I am using Firefox 2.0 with IE Tab, but have also checked in IE 7 itself, and the problem is the same in each browser/mode.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Rick Stone's Skinny on Skins tutorial?

It's free, and chock-full of this kind of stuff!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I will. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rick's advice doesn't solve your problem, try the output file whskin_frmset01.htm. There's a spec for border=\"1\" and frameborder=\"1\"

I'd first guess they refer to the solid borders, but maybe they have an added effect.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did not find a specific solution in Rick's Help file, but it led me down the path to a partial solution. Partial in that it's a post-generation fix that I will have to perform each time I publish the WebHelp. Here's what I did:

1. In the whtbar.js file, change all instances of 1px, 2px, 4px, and 5px to 0px. For my situation, this worked fine. For others, it may mess up other elements too much to be useful.

2. In the index.htm file, change 61 to 56 on line 128.

Obviously, this would be something that is best done in the skin options/skn file once and then you can forget about it (none of the edits to the skn file I made any noticeable/usefule difference). Maybe this kind of micro-editing could be considered for RH8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp