• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHTML 7.0 Snippet Problem

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a two Snippets to a project. After viewing the Snippets in the viewer, they no longer show up as greyed out text. Their space is a single empy line. And the Snippet pod shows no Snippets. They are in the code and show up in the viewer, but not in the topic window.

If I add additional Snippets, they will appear in the Snippet pod until I close the project. Re-opening the project will again show "no snippets".

It appears that the Snippet gathering process or some Snippet control file is messed up. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

I was hoping for your sake someone would come in and say they had the problem and how to fix it.

I have quite a bit of work on Snippets and not encountered any such problems.

Try creating a new project and see if you get the same problem there.

Assume your project is on a local drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm running RoboHTML locally.

I think this issue was caused by a RoboHTML hang-up/abend while I was working with the Snippets. The samples work fine. And I am unable to reproduce the problem.

The RoboHTML abends are now of concern. I had another one on Monday, 12/3 while reconstructing the project with the "broken snippets". That's my next forum post.

It appears that Snippets are handled internally a lot like Links. That is, if I import a Topic with a Snippet, the Topic retains a filename reference to the Snippet. Does it manifest as a Broken Link? If the Snippet is not Imported, how is this flagged? How can I delete the Snippet reference? It appears that Snippets should only be manipulated from the Snippet Pod methods, and it is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does seem to be a problem here. I imported a topic with snippets in it. After the import, there is a blank line where the snippet should be. You could either delete that or you can go into the code and delete the snippet reference. Of course what should be happening is that the import routine should be either importing the snippet or warning that some action is needed. The danger of automatically importing the snippet is that in project two you might have a snippet with the same name but different content.

I too had an abend at one point but could not repeat it.

If you import the snippet first and then the topic, then it does seem to work.

I will notify Adobe of this issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is driving me insane. I am running locally, have created, created again, imported etc etc. Each time I exit the program and reopen the Snipets Pod is empty again and all of my Snippets are no longer displayed in their pages, even though the files remain and the references to them remain. Feels to me that they are being filtered, though I will leave that to others to diagnose. For now, I guess I will not use that feature.

[Edit: Sorry forgot to mention using Robo 7 on a project originally started on Robo 4, then 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Customer Care Sample project. Create a new topic and insert on the snippets there. Close and reopen the project. I want to know what happens with another project and one created in RH7.

What operating system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

It will also be helpful to know where your project is stored. Is it on a LAN? If so, that may explain it. Move it locally.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above everything is installed locally and files stored locally on C. WinXP Pro, 2Gb RAM etc.

Peter's idea of trying it on a non upgraded topic was a good one; Process worked just fine (opened Customer Care, was able to create a Snippet, add it to a topic, close, reopen). So obviously issue is specific to my upgraded file set in some way, just do not know what to do going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you willing to share your project with me? If you are, take a copy, remove all outputs to reduce size and then zip it. How large zipped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup: Peter took a look at my project for me and determined the whole issue was that I had spaces in my project name

Was:

ABC Help System

Changed to (via FILE|Rename Project)

ABCHelpSystem

And snippets save now.

Thanks to Peter for the quick fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem (all Snippets disappear from Snippets Pod after re-opening the project, but all links are still active). Importing the Snippets fixes the problem, until the next reload.

However, my Project Name is a single Word (I checked this via File > Rename Project).

Also, Snippets work in other, simple projects.

Instead, this is a larger project, which in the past was upgraded from Rh5Word to RH6Word to RH6HTML and then to RH7HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Never mind, I fixed my problem, following a suggestion by Rick in a different thread.

I simply renamed my CPD file, and re-opened my project. RH7HTML then re-generated the CPD file, and my problem disappeared.

This is great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp