• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to create an responsive HTML5 output, but images are not showing up.

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview my output, the images are note showing up. It is simply the blank outline of the image with the little image icon in the top left corner.

As it is compiling I see the message "Warning: Image maps are not converted to relative size". Is there something in the setting that I need to change, or is that even the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your output folder: are the images copied to your output? If they are missing, are the images listed in the Project Manager pod in RoboHelp?

The warning is unrelated. Since image maps work with pixel coordinates, you can't simply make them responsive. You are probably using an image map in your project. This is causing the warning. It is not a problem since the image map will still work. But if the image map is very large, it may give a bad experience on smaller screens. You may have to decide whether to change or remove the image map if you want to support mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the image files are not showing in the output folder. So I looked in the Project Manager pod in Robohelp, I don’t see the missing images there either. When I show a preview within Robohelp they show, but not in the output. I’ve discovered that if I just re-insert the images they do appear and that seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I now have a different issue. I’ve re-inserted all of my images, and that all seems to work now. However, as I am customizing one of the layouts, I changed some colors and now a few of the icons in the layout are missing, similar to my images before. I go to the file in the screen layout/theme folder and the png files are there, but if I expand the theme in the Project set-up pod those png files are missing. How can I get the files in the Project set-up pod so that they show up when I preview the layout?

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange that RoboHelp is not picking up any images though. I would try removing the CPD file and see whether that helps (als for the new issue)

If removing the CPD doesn't work for the new issue, please add the images of the layout as baggage files to the LAYOUT. If you right click the Screen Layout name, you can add baggage files. Then simply add all the images in the Screen Layout's folder. That should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple more questions:

Where do I find the CPD file to remove?

I right clicked on the layout and opened the baggage file, and the missing files are showing in the directory. However, if I go to the Project set-up pod and expand the layout there, that is where some of the files are missing. How can I get them to show up in the expanded tree of the layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root of the project folder – kill or rename it outside of RH or set RH to delete & recreate automatically each time the project is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but where would I go to set RH to delete & recreate automatically each time the project is opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expound on what Jeff offered, an easy way to find it in the project location is to just right-click a file in the Project Manager pod and choose Explore. That should open Windows Explorer in your project location.

And to configure RoboHelp to delete the CPD for you, head on over to Tools > Options... and look at the options for the General section.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had another question on a different subject. I don’t see where I can backup the files that I have created, and then restore those backups if something goes wrong. How can I backup the files that I am creating? And then can those backups be restored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the layout in RoboHelp and select the Export option. You can import it again by right clicking Screen Layouts and choosing 'Import'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that save all of the files that are created or just the layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This will export the layout only. What kind of backup are you trying to create?

If you want to back up your entire project, simply copy the RH project's folder and store it somewhere safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp