• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC brush hyper slow

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the new Lightroom CC and OMG the brush is HYPER slow...  like almost unusable with the GPU enabled. Like 20 times slower, no kidding. And my machine is pretty fast and the GPU pass and is compatible and pretty fast with anything else..  Slow like I do not see the results until I release the pen....  Same Machine, same photo LR 5.7 works perfectly fine.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 32690.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32690.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 4882.5 MB (14.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5063.0 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 680M/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0

Renderer: GeForce GTX 680M/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is any doubt about that this is a LR CC problem and not my machine, here is a video of the very same thing with LR5.7.1 where you can see it is many times faster than LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only this is slower, even the simple zoom in to 1:1, the time the software needs to render the full resolution preview is a lot slower too. and I have a stripe of SSDs that gives me over 1000MB/s so it is not an HDD problem, plus is 5 times faster in LR 5.7.1 

At the office my HP Z820 have a Quadro 6000 and also is MUCH slower than LR 5.7.1   with and without GPU enabled.

On all the years I have being using LR I have never seen a new release to be this much slower than the previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to keep it in the front page to see if I can get the attention of any Adobe employee caring about making this better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, tbh the spot removal is even much worse with  LR 6

And btw, sadly the biggest problem is, that even when i switch off GPU, the 5.7 is faster then 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realy hope Adobe is fixing the speed issues on LR6 / LRCC because on my Mac everything seems to be slower.

Also the installation / upgrade from LR5.7 wasn't smooth. This is solved, but IMO, this software is not ready yet. It is slow with previews, brushing, comparing.

I am working on an 2013 maxed out iMac so I don't expect my Mac to be the limiter here. LR5.7 was way more smooth. Please fix this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems - working with 57,000 photos - some tasks in the library module are taking a over 30 seconds to complete.  It seems there is a problem with this LR6/LRCC - although I am not sure if it is a creative cloud problem.  I also noticed error messages about my software when not connected to the web - is this now essential for a creative cloud version to be connected to the web at all times?

Overall not a good update by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the connectivity errors since I have a laptop that's almost never connected to the web running LR6 and I don't see it complaining. Do you have something constantly connecting out in the background, other than the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library module is stuck in mud... moving back to LR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to LR 6 and have the same issue.  I haven't explored all of the tools but the adjustment brush is glacially slow compared to LR 5.7.  I am running the following hardware.

Win7 PRO 64

Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3GH (6 core)

32 G DDR4 2133 MHz

GTX 970 Video (4G)

Crucial M550 SSD (512)

Western Digital Black HD (4T)

Dell U2412M Ultrasharp Monitor

This should be plenty of horsepower to run LR easily.  How could Adobe release this pig without adequate testing?

Please advise if there are any solutions short of reverting to LR 5

Ray Rainka

rainka@Comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best thing you can do is go bat to 5 until 6 is tested and ready if you are a heavy user of the adjustment brush, I am, and I could not use LR CC to do my job, it would take me easily 10 times what takes me on LR 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to go back, but the LR6 library isn't backwards compatible. Now I'd have to open a library file from March or something, with the whole gap of image work from March through July!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also a victim. My system:

Windows 8.1 64bit

32GB RAM

SSD

Geforce GTX 770

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news in the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess news is there are no news :-(. Not s single word from Adobe. Buy that is kind of expected.

Sent from the Moon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. This is speed problem is really awful.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.7 GHz

Built-in memory: 32694.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32694.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1239.0 MB (3.7%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1237.1 MB

Memory cache size: 516.9 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 770M/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 347.52

Renderer: GeForce GTX 770M/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to keep this on the front page.

The speed issue is destroying my business - I depend on being able to upload 400 edited images to my website every 2 weeks or so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to 5.7.1 your business is more important than using 6.0

Sent from the Moon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, but the catalog won't open in the older version

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why I do not migrate catalogs until I sure the software is usable. And you should still have the old catalog since new ones are created and not replaced. You can also leave what you have so far in there and go back to the old good Lightroom for future jobs. Expecting to have Adobe to fix this I a timely manner is a bit of a fantasy.

You can also save the metadata of the files to the files itself and open the photos in the old LR by syncing the folders, the only thing it will ignore are new features if you used any.

Sent from the Moon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU acceleration is well known to slow down the brushes. Adobe warns us on that in their "notes on GPU acceleration" on this forum: GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)

In short, if you do not have a very high resolution (4K or bigger) and don't have an extremely modern GPU you really should turn it off as you won't see any benefit and might actually slow down certain actions. I really wish Adobe didn't turn this on by default as it is the leading cause of Lightroom 6/CC is slow concerns. If you turn it off, Lightroom 6/CC should be similar to LR 5.7 in speed. For some people this doesn't entirely solve it though but for me it is the same as 5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several pretty recent GPUs at the office, in pretty recent HP workstations. It crawls to a stop almost with and without GPU when you have a decent amount of brushes. Just a few like to fix a few eyes and soften a skin not a Problem. But when you retouch jewelry like me, it's plain unusable.

Sent from the Moon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I haven't felt this massive of a problem since 1990, working on my 386...

I mean seriously.... This is asinine.

I have an EVGA GTX 1080 SC with dual 4k monitors and this input lag is MONSTROUS. I can't even begin to understand how this hasn't been fixed yet.

Why isn't this a priority!??!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiously, Lightroom is one of the only Adobe apps that still doesn't have a "2017" version yet.

I wonder if a miracle update is still in the works? We wouldn't know because if Adobe monitors these forums, they certainly don't reply to anything to let us know we're being heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the "mistake" of synchronising the catalogue with Lightroom mobile.  Every time I used the brush it would eat CPU and then do a load of network traffic.  Once I stopped it syncing the CPU usage dropped dramatically.  I had to login to the web version and remove the pictures from there, telling the collection not to sync doesn't stop the individual photos from syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines