• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Topics still display

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files have an X that indicates they have been deleted, but they still display in the project folder and the topics lists. When I try to open them I get a message saying the file "does not exist" AND they all have the same last modified date of 1/2 1970 at 12:00 am.

I have been ignoring them but I am ready to make them disappear.
How can I get rid of these files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you originally delete these files through RoboHelp's Project Manager or through Windows Explorer (assuming you're using Windows)?

There can be problems if you try to delete files through Windows Explorer. You should always delete source files (and other things, such as renaming files) using RoboHelp. If you deleted them through Windows Explorer, try restoring the files from your Recycle Bin and then deleting them from within RoboHelp (right-click on the file, click Delete).

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The other possibility would be a corrupt CPD. The CPD is an Access database used by RoboHelp to track and manage the project. It somketimes uses its contact with reality and doesn't accept any changes.

Try closing your project, make a backup, delete the file <Projectnam>.cpd and open the project again. Expect to wait some time, if your project is a large one. Now, try deletiong those file again, and all shuld be ok.

Regards

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp