Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with installation of Updates of Photoshop and Lightroom

Explorer ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have MacBook Pro with brand new hard drive and the only software is installed on it is Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3/

I downloaded Creative Cloud App, sign in with my Adobe ID, checked at CC web site my status that my plan is active and start downloading and installing Photoshop and Lightroom. Both programs were installed and infront of each soft appeared a button Update. But when I pressed the Update button, I got an Error message: "Unable to reach Adobe servers/ Please check your firewall settings and try again in a few minutes.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 19.06.51 copy.jpg

I log off from Creative Cloud App, restart my laptop, log in and try again, but Update failed

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 22.39.20 copy.jpg

I don't use any firewall, in System Preferences Firewall is disabled, my host file is clear

(here it is)

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.

##

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1             localhost

fe80::1%lo0 localhost

1.jpg

Then I turned off wi-wi and connect to Internet by cable (wired connection). But I still can not install any Update. But I can install any other software. When it comes to Update - the same "can't connect to Adobe servers".

If I go to Direct Download site, perform all 7 steps and try to download any application I get the Error screen (and no matter which browser I try):

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 19.19.30 copy.jpg

So, my question is - how can I install Updates?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For unable to reach Adobe server try: Unable to reach Adobe Servers‌ & https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

As you are not able to download direct link in safari, try a different browser and follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
  2. Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links in the table below – this is critical!
  3. If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself.
  4. Now close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
  5. OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download anyof the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
  6. Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the  same
  7. Click on the link of the product you which to download:  Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

8. Then follow the product installation instructions here.

Delete cookies and cache still not able to download the link and share the results.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Atul Saini,

When I download Photoshop from

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html and

install it I still have in Creative Cloud App blue button indicating that

there is an Update for Photoshop.

Please, tell me how can I update all my software by using Creative Cloud

Desktop App?

2015-05-11 13:54 GMT+03:00 Atul_Saini <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Problem with installation of Updates of Photoshop and Lightroom

created by Atul_Saini <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Atul_Saini> in *Creative

Cloud Download & Install* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7532826#7532826>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly check which update is available: Creative Cloud Help | Download, install, update, or uninstall apps

If your photoshop is already update try: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Let us know if you are unable to update, we would be happy to help.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to Photoshop -> About Photoshop it is written that I have version 14.2.2, Adobe Camera Raw version 9.0.0.414.

When I start Creative Cloud Desktop App I still can see the Update button:

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 08.13.01 copy.jpg

If I press Update button, I get error message saying that it unable to reach Adobe servers:

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 16.28.58 copy.jpg

When I clean cookies and cache, reboot computer, go to Direct Downloads, perform all as it is said, no matter from which site I wanted to download - from this

Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

or from that http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-mac.html

I get a message in browser:

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 08.07.29 copy.jpg

As far as I understand, I have the latest versions of Photoshop and Lightroom, but why I still have active Update buttons? And why I can not reach adobe servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Photoshop CC application and click on Help menu and select Updates option.

Check whether there are any updates available .

If not we need to remove AAMUpdater folders from both Libraries and check.

Some times, if the Creative Cloud desktop app is not able to fetch information that installed apps are up to date , it still shows update button .

First for confirmation purpose , we will check from Help menu Updates option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows that there are Updates available (for ACR even 8 version, but I have 9)

1.jpg

And when I press Update I can't connect to Adobe servers:

2.jpg

Shall I now delete in both Libraries AAMUpdater folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please wait . We will try to update both Camera RAW 8 and Extension Manager.
let me provide you links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will wait. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to download and install the updates using above mentioned links once .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First click on the below link and simply keep the page open , do not close.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-10-11-downloads.html

Then click on below link and download updates and install the same and check.

Camera RAW 8 :

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/8.8.70/setup.dmg

Extension Manager CC :

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeExtensionManagerCC-7.0/7.3.2/setup.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still can't go to swupdl.adobe.com... servers

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 09.32.13.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know whether you had tried  with different browsers ?

However , we will check Hosts file once, if you had already tried with different browsers .

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder,  look for file named "hosts".

Copy Hosts file to Desktop.

Double click on it and it will open Hosts file via TextEdit.

Let me know whether you can see Adobe entries like 127.0.01 activate.adobe.com......etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Safari and Chrome. I tried being connected to Internet by wi-fi and by wire.

My host file is:

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.

##

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1             localhost

fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Firewall is disabled.

The strange thing that several days ago I did the following. I deleted the folder Adobe Application Manager in Utilities. Installed Adobe Application Manager v.8. Rebooted. Went to Direct Download site and managed to download Lightroom CC (v.6). But when I started to download Photoshop, again: Can't connect to Adobe servers.

Then I deleted Adobe Application Manager v.8 and install v.9. Rebooted. No success. I uninstalled all Adobe software and installed again. From Creative Cloud Desktop App I could install only basic versions without Updates (but I kept them in my Download folder), so I was able to update Lightroom to version CC and Photoshop to version 14.2.2.

So now I still have no access to Direct Downloads and can't update from Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)Click on Apple menu icon and select System Preferences, and then click Network.

2)Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).

3)Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.

4)Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.

5)Then click on Apply Now button.

Then try to download and update from Help menu  in Photoshop and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all the same.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for confirmation purpose , may I know whether the computer is personal computer or Office / Corporate network computer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The webpage is not available is an Network issue,

Try to download update and when you receive the error webpage is not available , click on Details option and get a screenshot and post it here.

Also , are you using any Anti-Malware software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am at home, my modem switched only to my computer.

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 12.37.50 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using any Anti-Malware software. After installing Mac OS X 10.10.3 I only installed Photoshop and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear Cache and Cookies and Try to download update and when you receive the error webpage is not available , click on Details option and get a screenshot and post it here.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/8.8.70/setup.dmg

For Access Denied error , simply open the below link and click on above link again

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-10-11-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now

From this site I can download Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

From this site I can't http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-mac.html

Now I can download Camera RAW 8. But as far as I know there is already version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried to install it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've installed it. Now I have Photoshop v. 2014.0.0 and Camera Raw v. 8.8.

Now, how can I update to PS v. 2014.2.2 and ACR V9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if I try to download ACR v.9 from the same location http://prodesigntools.com/swupdl/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/9.0.592/setup.dmg I can not do that

Can you provide me with links to the latest versions of Photoshop ans Adobe Camera RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines