• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I sort a list of links alphabetically?

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of words. Each word is linked to a topic. Is there any way to sort this list of words alphabetically?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margaret

Unfortunately there is no way I'm aware of to do this programmatically inside RoboHelp. It will be either a totally manual reorganizing process or you will need to copy the words into something like Excel or Word to use a sorting tool. I think before I did that, I'd unlink any links and re-link them afterwards. I say this because I'm afraid I'd end up getting my code for the links munged in the process.

This is something you might want to consider requesting for the next version of RoboHelp! To do this, click the link below and fill out the form

Click here to visit the WishForm!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I was afraid of that. It's a problem for the translators to reorganize our command list once it has been translated into their languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margaret, Rick -

I attempted to answer this earlier, but ended up with a ColdFusion error page instead of a post.

But, if you copy the displayed links to Word, convert to table and sort them, you can save the page as Filtered Html. Look in the resulting html page, and your links will be totally clean hrefs, and totally un-munged. I tried it out to be sure.

You can cut-n-paste them back to your original source code.

Rick: - I've tried to answer your email re: ebooks, but your .rr server bounces my copperfieldpub.com address. I've also tried from several other addresses, but I'm not getting any joy there either. Is it your connection, or am I on some blacklist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger

Sorry buddy. I did manage to see one of your kind replies before I left. Unfortunately, I've had sporadic internet access this week. I'm out of town on a training assignment and have been staying at a TraveLodge. I'm not totally certain, but I think their wireless connection might be composed of two seasheels strung together with a shoestring. It's off and on (mostly off) and I'm hoping this post gets in before it dies again.

I'll be back home tomorrow where the access is hopefully much more reliable!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick -

ok, best of luck! I could make a joke here like..."No, I'm not a network engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...", but it would probably be too U.S.-centric...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that Peter was asking for an explanation of this Holiday Inn reference. So now, I'm tardy...

The joke plays on a Holiday Inn theme where individuals who, after resting so well after a night at the Holiday Inn, could do pert near anything. Including say, stand in (complete, with face paint) for the rock group 'Kiss'...

The TV spot opens with a shot of Kiss wrapping up an encore amid a crowd of screaming fans.

The triumphant band walks back stage through gaggles of groupies to their dressing room. A manager congratulates the quartet for a great show and harps about a world tour. As the impostors remove their makeup, he says, "Your guys aren't Kiss." The Paul Stanley impersonator replies, "No, but we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

So now you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite follow. What do you mean by "copy the displayed links..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margaret -

by "copy the displayed links...", I mean copy the links as viewed in the browser window, not the html source code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for that Roger. Pity I can't use it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp