• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 - Bookmarks show up looking like hyperlinks

New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded from RH10 to RH11 and now I noticed that all my inserted bookmarks show up in the compiled file (web help) as non-working hyperlinks (underlined and blue).See the image. They should not appear as hyperlinks. Can someone tell how to correct this?

hyperlink issue.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Yes, I agree.  At first I was confused if you thought that was a hyperlink when it is a bookmark. 

I use Rick's approach, works like a charm and so easy to cut & paste to move if necessary.  User's don't see the bookmark "flag"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What does your html code look like for those issues?  When viewing it in the Design mode, does it display correctly there? And somehow gets switched when generated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design mode, the text does look a hyperlink. Unfortunately, I am not able to decipher the HTML. I've attached an image which shows both Design and HTML for a specific location. I'm not able to look at the original built in RH 8 or 9.

Thanks for your assistance.

Terry

html code.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is a shining example of why I always suggest this as a best practice when facilitating a RoboHelp class.

never, Never, NEVER, NEVER EVER do you want to create a bookmark by selecting across text and making that a bookmark.

The best way to fly is to simply place the insertion point where you want the bookmark, and insert it at that spot. You then end up with a little flag to indicate it's a bookmark. You are then free to move the flag anywhere that suits you (should that bookmark need to change down the road) and it would appear that in this case, it would avoid the formatting issues that are being encountered.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I'm confused based on your images.

Are you saying that "Example 9" in the image is a hyperlink?  Or is the issue that the sentence, "Convert time...." looks like a hyperlink and it's not?

I can tell what you're saying from the original post referencing the Budget Wizard text.  Can you post the html of that text? 

I don't know what the issue is in the 2nd images.

I'm thinking the issue here is your styles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to 'Example 9' in the image. The 'Convert time...' text is simply an underline.  The image from my 2nd post is from a different location in the help files. I may take Rick's advice and go back an change how the bookmarks are created.

Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree.  At first I was confused if you thought that was a hyperlink when it is a bookmark. 

I use Rick's approach, works like a charm and so easy to cut & paste to move if necessary.  User's don't see the bookmark "flag"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp