Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Why isn't the AWS_ACTION Process Field not being updated by user action in workspace in a PDF?

Level 2

I have a PDF form (not XDP) that is routed in workspace to a number of reviewers.  The form has validation built into the form preSubmit that validates different fields depending on the action taken and where the form is in the process.  I have added 2 User Actions (Submit and Save Draft) in an Assign Task operation.  THe buttons are displayed in Workspace as expected.  When the user clicks I want to set a variable in the PDF that I can use to understand what to validate. 

I have Process Fields and Form Bridge on the first page of a 2 page form.  When the user clicks on the User Action in workspace the AWS fields are updated with the exception of AWS_ACTION.  AWS_ACTION is never updated with the Action Name of the selected button.  AWS_CHOICE has a valid list of action names. 

If I use an XDP file the AWS_ACTION field is update correctly.  There are a number of digital signature in the process so I need to keep the PDF.  Does AWS_ACTION work properly with PDFs or do I have something mis configured? 

We are using ES4 .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I do not have a server at home, I worked the example at office and so I

won't be able to send the LCA, but I can however send the xfa form.

Regards -

Ashok

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 2

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Level 4

when submitting, are you submitting the form as a PDF document or a XDP data package (xml)

Regarads -

Ashok D

Level 4

Please add the screen shot of your proces

Regards -

Ashok D

Level 2

The form is a dynamic PDF which requires a number of digital signatures before it gets saved in an archive.  I created an XDP without the digital signatures and the process fields worked as I would expect them too.  Although I have not seen anyone state definitively, I assumed LiveCycle doesn't use the process fields after the initial load so as not to invalidate a digital signature.  OR, I am doing something completely wrong .  The following is a snapshot of the workflow:

Untitled-1.png

Level 4

Let me replicate your problem in my form and check why its not working, I think I had faced similar issues in my earlier project, unfortunately forgot the solution that used, will check again and get back to you.

So in the form you are trying to get get the user action in the presubmit event to check what the user action was? and you are not able to get what value the user has selected

Regards -

Ashok D

Level 4

Just now tried to get the user action selected in the preSubmit event for both XDP and PDF form in the Assign Task Activity and I am able to get the values in both the case.

I see no problem in getting the values, please let me know exactly in what senario you are not able to get the user action value in your use case.

Regards -

Ashok D

Level 4

There are two possibilities why you are facing the issue.

1) Your form might have the default script object container_js , remove this srcipt object if you are not using it in your code and try again

2) Your code to validate if is executed before the assignment of user action to the filed you have mentioned might be failing resulting in the assignment code not executing in the first place. In this case try to give a xfa.host.messageBox(AWS_ACTION.rawValue, "", 0, 0) as the first line of your code in the preSubmit event and see if you are getting the values what ever you had clicked in the Workspace is displayed in the dialog box.

Regards -

Ashok D

Level 2

1) I don't see any container_js script object so I don't believe that is an issue. 

2) AWS_ACTION always returns as the first option listed in AWS_CHOICE regardless of what button the user clicks in Workspace. 

Also, when the PDF is first loaded in Workspace the correct User Actions are listed in AWS_CHOICE.  We have different User Actions defined in subsequent steps, but the AWS_CHOICE never updates with the new actions. 

Level 4

Hi,

if there is no NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) with your client, can you share the form with me, so that I'll try use it in my sample process to identify what might be the cause of the issue.

Regards -

Ashok D

Level 2

Unfortunately there is an NDA and its not something I can share.  I also don't have the luxury of starting from a fresh form.  In your test workflow you have checked to see that AWS_ACTION is different at each step and matches your selected User Action?  Can you share your sample form and maybe I can see what's different? 

Thanks,

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 4

I do not have a server at home, I worked the example at office and so I

won't be able to send the LCA, but I can however send the xfa form.

Regards -

Ashok

Level 4

Can you share the solution that was provided or did you have to find a workaround?