Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 install problem small fonts

Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very strange installation problem with Robohelp 7. When I try Robohelp 7 on one of 2 windowsXP workstations or on a Vista workstation, the HTML editor shows the fonts to small. The font that I normally use is Arial-10 and it is very small in the editor. When I zoom in it get's very ugly (letters glued together).
Installing Robohelp 7 on a VMWARE box works fine. The editor shows a normal Arial-10.
Reinstalling on my standard winxp developer machine creates again a difficult readable small font. Even with the small font, if I generate a CHM file from Robohelp 7, that file shows perfect normal Arial-10 font. But the Robohelp 7 HTML editor keeps showing a small Arial font making it impossible to work with.
I tried all the usuall stuff (clean reinstall, disabeling / switching everything off on the developer machines) but the problem persist (on XP and VISTA). The only common thing with all the machines is that they have Adobe Acrobat 8 standard installed. Finally, all machines I tried run Robohelp x502 perfectly and I have never experienced a font issue before.
I am stumped. Has anybody an idea what this could be / what I could try ?
Many thanks,
- Peter -

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008
I found the problem ! There seems to be a serieus bug in Robohelp 7. When you set the windows to US or UK number formats, all works as normal. When you set windows to Dutch number formats, you get a microfont in the HTM editor and error messages such as "multiple values found for margins" on various locations in the program. My bet is that Robohelp is not interpreting numbers with commas as decimal points correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Not a problem that anyone has posted about. You say it is the editor so I wonder if somehow it is installing with the zoom set to less than 100%?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for your quick response.
No the zoom is 100% and if you increase it you see the fonts are not normal (eg kerning between letters not right).
And you are right, this is a unique situation (except that it happens on 3 pc's with a variety of OSs). I scanned the internet but I can't find any reference to this. So obvious, it must be something else I have installed on the 3 pc's.
That would be Office2007, Visualparadigm UML, VS2005 with Infragistic and Adobe Acrobat Standard 8. Before this issue, I never new you could have problems with fonts... 🙂
- Peter -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound local. If you track it down, please let us know just in case someone else hits this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem ! There seems to be a serieus bug in Robohelp 7. When you set the windows to US or UK number formats, all works as normal. When you set windows to Dutch number formats, you get a microfont in the HTM editor and error messages such as "multiple values found for margins" on various locations in the program. My bet is that Robohelp is not interpreting numbers with commas as decimal points correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't like to comment on that. Not disagreeing, it's simply not something I know enough about.

I have forwarded a link to this thread to Adobe so it will get looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is a bit puzzling as the behaviour is found whenever windows is configured to display numbers in western european format with a comma as decimal point. So also when vista or xp is switched to French number format.
For example, when you switch windows to French formats, than launch Robohelp and change the printer page margins, you typically get error : "Found 'margin-left:' property with too many values". Change the number format so that France is using a decimal point instead of a decimal comma and all works as normal. You can change printer margins without errors. The behaviour is consistent on XP and Vista and in Robohelp 7.0 and 7.01.001. It is an anoying bug because now I have to memorize my windows uses decimal points instead of (our) standard decimal comma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp