• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

17.0.0.188 msi has the old version posted

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second time in the last 3 months, people get with it and post the version that is listed.  The digital signature on the msi is from April 11, 2015.  What kind of quality control does Adobe use?  I am talking on the distribution page Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

The EXE files are up to date but the msi is not.  Does anyone care?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Hi Maria,

Yes I tried using a different connect late yesterday afternoon and confirmed initially that the file size was different to what I had been downloading and then when installed it showed as the correct version .188.

Thanks for responding - all sorted now.

All the best

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike.bliss,

Sometimes the files take a bit longer to propagate throughout the CDN than others.  Users in other threads are reporting that they are getting the latest version. Please try downloading again.  You may want to clear your browser/server cache before trying again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not my browser cache...I do this month after month and no the old MSI is still posted.  Look for yourself first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MNovitsch,

I have downloaded the MSI installers and version 17.0.0.188 downloaded for me.  What is the URL you are using to download the installer file from?  If the page name is distribution4.html please private message me the URL as this is a unique URL to each customer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Mike. Just downloaded the MSI's and if you edit the msi with ORCA or your favorite editor you can see that the referenced exe is the previous version.

adobe1.PNG

adobe2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas I had the same issue as described in this discussion. I have however downloaded what I think is the right file as the digital signature is more up-to-date (April 25/2015) than the first file I downloaded.

I am still having a problem with the file not working for a majority of my machines in my environment.

Here is my URL:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

My discussion on the problem I am having:

Adobe Flash Player distribution 17.0.0.188 upgrade fails to install in WSUS environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Foofighter,

I have responded to your your thread.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. clear cache, diffrent browser, proxy/no proxy

i still get the msi in Version .169

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... still all files 17.0.0.169 using the link Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe instead of 17.0.0.188...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

used proxy in US and get the correct version .188

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried downloading the CAB Files for SCUP.

It looks like they pulled 17.0.0.188 and latest update is 17.0.0.169

I am assuming they pulled 188 to fix it.

I will try to download that CAB file later tonight to see if they updated with 17.0.0.188.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here in the UK using this link Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

It seems that only the plugin version is effected though.  http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_17_plugin....

I've downloaded the ActiveX .msi version okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of issues reported in the forum concerning this problem. Problem still exists... @Adobe: How long do you want to wait until you fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am able to see the 188 update now but I am still having the same issues as yesterday.

I can import them but when I try to publish there is some issues in SCUP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Thank you all for reporting that the new files still aren't updated in certain locales.  I am looking into this and will post back shortly.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked the msi's and they looked to be packaged with the correct .188 exe's now. Cheers

adobe3.PNGadobe4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We believe this issue is now resolved.  Please try again.  If you're still getting the previous version please provide the following:

• You're locale
  • If you access a localized distribution page, the link to the localized distribution page.
    • If the distribution page you use is distribution4.html, please private message me the entire URL instead of posting it here.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I am trying to get the correct installer file for the Adobe Flash Player Debugger 17.0.0.188 plugin (Firefox browser) and everytime I try the usual location it shows as being version 17.0.0.169 and not .188.  Could you point me in the correct location for this?

Thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jimb7174,

The content debuggers are only posted to the Adobe Flash Player - Downloads page.  Please try downloading again.  You may need to clear the browser cache.  If it continues to download the previous version please provide your geolocation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Yes I tried using a different connect late yesterday afternoon and confirmed initially that the file size was different to what I had been downloading and then when installed it showed as the correct version .188.

Thanks for responding - all sorted now.

All the best

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jimb7174,

Thank you for confirming you're now getting the latest version.  Much appreciated.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the 17.0.0.188 verion MSI file from different connections in different browsers... I see alternating 17.0.0.169 and 17.0.0.188 above the download link, but if I click on the download I never get the 188 version. I renewed the distribution license agreement yesterday, I've got a distribution4.html link. Is there a direct link to version 17.0.0.188?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi libanonlyceum,

Where are you located, geographically?  Can you private message me the distribution4.html link that you received?  Please don't post it here in the forum post.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines