• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record using On2 instead of Sorenson

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under the impression that by default, FMS2 will use the Sorenson codec for captured/recorded video in its .flv files. I am trying to instead capture video through FMS2 using the On2 codec. How/where can I change this configuration setting? I went through all of the .xml configuration files in the "conf" subdirectory under the FMS2 installation folder. To my disappointment, I was unable to find any setting to do this.

Can someone help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant record vp6 video with the Flashplayer client. The encoder is not part of the player, nor is it part of FMS.

Curently, you can only record Sorenson video and Nellymoser Asao encoded audio with Flashplayer and FMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well that makes perfect sense. I already know about the audio and have already written a DLL wrapper to Nellymoser's Win32 SDK to extract the audio from the .flv, and it's working good. It's a trial version so I haven't paid any money for a license, and have no idea what the license costs at this point. The issue I was having is trying to play an FMS .flv through a filter graph with DirectShow. My FLV decoder is for On2, and it obviously wasn't working with the FMS .flv (I say FMS .flv, but in reality it's encoded by the player. This I realize. It's just that the sorenson and nellymoser codec combination only occurs when you encode through the flash player/client).

Thanks for your help. I'll have to find a FLV Sorenson transform filter to get these files to work w/ DirectShow. If you know any, please let me know 🙂 Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license for Crispa is expensive. The lack of mp3 encoding is a major shortcoming... especially considering the $7k+ price of the application.

FFMPEG supports the sorenson codecs, but I haven't used it for transcoding FCS/FMS recroded video. The sloppy part here is that the video would be transcoded with FFMPEG, and the audio with Crispa... and then they need to be stiched back together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
On2 does provide Live VP6 encoding as a pricey SDK for Desktop application development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines