• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 trial: conditional tags

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uh oh. no answer on this. wondering why.

i'm using the trial version of RoboHelp 7.0 and attempting to generate HTML Help while utilizing conditional tags. it's a small project, only 29 files, but it seems that each time i attempt to generate excluding certain content (conditional tag: e.g., not YELLOW), the Updating files...progress bar in the Generating HTML Help window freezes, and the only way to stop this is to kill the app. any idea what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007
Actually, on further investigation, it seems to be a problem to do with opening the original RH5 project in RH7. If I create a new RH7 project, and add conditional build tags, all is well. The only workaround I can find is to create a new RH7 project, then import all the topics from the old project. If the tags in the old project are then added to the new one, it will compile with tags. However, this is messy, as importing the topics seems to lose the TOC and index, and graphics links are messed...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with the official released version of RH7. Whether the tags are imported or newly creating, it always hangs on Updating files if you exclude one or more tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, on further investigation, it seems to be a problem to do with opening the original RH5 project in RH7. If I create a new RH7 project, and add conditional build tags, all is well. The only workaround I can find is to create a new RH7 project, then import all the topics from the old project. If the tags in the old project are then added to the new one, it will compile with tags. However, this is messy, as importing the topics seems to lose the TOC and index, and graphics links are messed up, etc. So, I would like a fix if at all possible please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further trials seem to indicate it is related to the number of uses of the tags. I started a new project, imported my original topics, compiling regularly as I added more tags. It worked at first, then after a certain point it started failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thks. on further examination, i found the same results. my converted robohelp 5 project was the one giving me the trouble, but the sample clownfish project worked brilliantly.

much obliged for your input and insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp