• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic converts to book in merged TOC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have two HTMLHelp projects, A and B. I'm trying to include B in A's Table of Contents - here's where I am:

B is created and appears correctly when viewed alone. At the top level of the TOC is a book (which links to topic B1). Within that book are topics B1.1 and B1.2 and a book (linked to topic B1.3) which contains some other topics.

Before including B in project A's TOC, A looks fine. It has books A1 and A2 with several layers of books and topics inside each.

I am trying to insert B into A's TOC, as the first item within book A1. This seems to work fine, except that the TOC within the inserted B project changes. B1.1 is now a book instead of a single topic, and B1.2 and B1.3 are within that book.

I have tried changing the order of topics within B and it doesn't help - whichever topic is listed first within book B1 turns into a book, and all other topics get moved into it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? If what I'm asking isn't clear, I can email a couple of screenshots that should help to explain things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian
Did you ever solve this? I've got a similar problem.
We had RH2002 and are testing RH7 conversion of 2002 projects. Our master project TOC merges multiple slave projects into the TOC. Some slaves merge properly, others lose their main TOC book. Cursory check of the master hhc files (old 2002 master vs. converted v7 master) show the code to be identical. So I'm wondering if there's something in the individual slave hhc files that cause some to merge improperly.
Let me know if you ever solve this please. Thanks yr help.
Joe Campo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian, Hi Joe,
Has one of you found a way to solve this ? We're facing just the same problem here on one of our projects.
Sincerely
Cédric SUIRE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Cédric,

I'd recommend that you download FAR and try adding the Include statements to your .hhc files with that. FAR is available from this address:

http://helpware.net/FAR/index.html

After you've started FAR, select Authoring > TOC & Index Editor, open the required .hhc file, and then select TOC > Include File to add the required slave TOC at the appropriate place.

I believe that RoboHelp may suffer from the same bug as Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop: both tools appear to write the Include statements at the wrong level in the TOC hierarchy. See the "Known Bugs" section of this page:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge.htm

FAR is free to use for two months, but you must pay $49 or thereabouts for a licence if you want to use it beyond that.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Brian
sorry but we never solved this. we abandoned upgrading to RH7. Instead we are now using XMetaL DITA, a whole new ballgame.
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp