• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Code for Related Topics button

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Related Topics button is an ugly gray. I can change the button to a custom image, but it then loses its rollover effects. Do you know where I can alter the color parameters in RoboHelp's code that generates this button?

Strangely, the button looks different in Preview mode than when you generate the help.

I'm using RH 7 generating Webhelp in an IE 6 browser on XP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom J.

If you are intent on mouseover effects for the button, you are probably in for a fun ride coding some special solution.

Personally, if I want an image for these, I take the following approach:

Insert an image.
Insert the RelatedTopics control and choose "Hidden, for scripts"
Note the actual name of the control. Often it is simply RelatedTopics. But depending on how it was inserted, may be object1. Just hover the control in your WYSIWYG editor and the name should pop up in a tooltip.
Select the image and make it a hyperlink. But in the hyperlink properties, type JavaScript:RelatedTopics.Click();. (and if the name differs from RelatedTopics, use what you saw instead.
This method will make it so your user clicks the image and the control activates.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could do that. Is there an advantage in doing it the way you described rather than just browsing and uploading a custom image for the button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again Tom

The difference is the using the way I described, you simply see an image on the page that may be clicked to evoke the popup containing the links. If you mouse over the image, there is no clicking effect. If the image isn't rectangular, perhaps a circular button with a transparency so you don't see anything but the image, you see only what you expect.

If you choose the button with image option, you end up with a rectangular button and an image sitting on top of it. The image will need to be .BMP format. When clicked, the image will appear to depress as a real button would.

I've popped a small .CHM example up at this link so you may see it in action.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp