• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't search a digital editions textbook - please help!

May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a digital edition of a textbook (if it matters, it's An Introduction to Modern Cosmology by Andrew Little, published by Wiley) and it opens perfectly well in the Adobe Digital Editions software (I'm on a PC running Windows 8.1) and although I can type a search term in the search field, nothing happens. 

Any suggestions?  The reason I bought a digital edition was to be able to search, so this has been a problem.

Thanks!

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok,please check below things:

Please check the following:

1. Open the file in Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Go to File -> Item Info

Check the file extension under location ,whether its pdf or epub.

Are you trying to search using search list like:

Capture.PNG

or Search box like:

Capture.PNG

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to search from the square box on the right.  The search on the left just searches the text doesn't do anything.  It's a pdf file ... that's what I got when I downloaded the book.  However, I can't open it in Acrobat XI Pro; it only opens in Adobe Digital Editions which I installed as instructed.

Thanks!

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mis-typed: The "spyglass" search on the left (the sidebar that shows the bookmarks) doesn't respond at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little history and more information...

I was in a hurry (big paper due) when I bought it so I didn't pay a lot of attention to where I got it from.  I just dug around and saw that I got it through Google Books. Search from Google Books in a browser works ok, but the text was breaking up and unreadable when I tried to make it larger (text was pretty small); there was an option to download a pdf, which I did. It downloaded with a filetype acsm, and then when I opened that in Adobe Digital Editions, it downloaded a pdf.  I just did another download, with the same results, but search still doesn't work

The text is easy to size and read in Adobe Digital Editions so I've been using that, but then I found that the search didn't work.

Thanks!

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem, was there ever a solution to this?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines