• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 17.0.0.188 getting error when trying to install the feature you are trying to use is on a netwokr resource that is unavailable.

New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I look at the file in the MSI it is labeled InstallAX_17_0_0_188.exe and not Install_Flash_Player_17_active_x.msi as expected. this is in the MSI version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that doesn't look like the MSI.  I wonder if someone messed up the link.

Can you point me to page where you grabbed this, and let me know what country you're in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been deploying these for a few years now and this was the first time I ran into this. I'm using the EXE right now just to get it out to my clients. I was wrong about the name inside the file. That is the same name as previous files but it's still looking back to the network share and can't find it. I'm downloading from

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

and I work in the US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least for me, the download link is working correctly (I get the MSI) when downloading from the Flash Player distribution page.  My guess is that I don't understand the scenario you're trying to describe.

I did look through the SCUP and SMS catalogs for the release and didn't find any reference to .exe files, and confirmed that I could install the .msi successfully directly on my local machine.

If you could give me enough information to reproduce the problem you're experiencing, that would be useful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying but I've been able to do this each month and for some reason the MSI is having issues.

I get the following whether I run from a network share or the local machine

I have downloaded the MSI three times now and each time this happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines