• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7: JavaHelp - can't build Full-text search or virtual machine

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build JavaHelp from RoboHelp for Word, using legacy files. I have recently upgraded to RoboHelp 7 in order to produce Japanese, Russian, and Turkish JavaHelps. However, with RH 7, when I run the single source layout to build my JavaHelp, I don't get the full-text search database. The compile window reports:
Building Full-Text-Search data...
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
Unrecognized option: -locale

This happens on a new test program with only a single topic or two - not just my existing help project.

I have tried both JH 1.1.3 and JH 2.0 to no avail. I have the jhtools.jar in my javahelp/lib folder that has been necessary in the past for JavaHelp builds / searches.

I have tried numerous versions of the Java Development Kit or Software Environment: jdk1.6.0_03, 1.5.0_14, 1.4.2_06, and probably some others.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp 7 numerous times.

I have cleaned out the SingleSource entries in the registry pertaining to JavaHelp and the Java SDK such that RoboHelp will prompt me to browse to whichever Java SDK or JavaHelp I am trying.

I can't seem to find a combination that will work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
forgot to mention - I've also set and edited the environment variables JHHOME, JAVA_HOME, and JAVAHELP_HOME to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp