• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Needed: Flash Player 17.0.0.188 Setup Files are 17.0.0.169 for the MSI Setup Files

New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MSI install files for Flash Player 17.0.0.188 (install_flash_player_17_active_x.msi and install_flash_player_17_plugin.msi) on the following site are the install files for version 17.0.0.169. The files are identical  to the install files from last month, so it appears that they have not yet been updated despite the version change on the webpage. Would someone inform the responsible group to update the files to the most recent version?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was quick. Both files have been updated now, and they install the correct version.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramon,

Can you please tell us your geographical location where you are downloading these file ?

Also can you please give it a try after clearing your browser cache ?

Regards

Varun Bhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download the files from several locations in the Netherlands and on several computers and with different browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous post was removed? I succeeded in downloading the two msi files from the flash player distribution page (90 minutes ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue, but with the PLUGIN msi and exe installers.  I run them ion a clean device and the version consistently shows as being 17.0.0.169 and not as expected 17.0.0.188.  This is the same for PLUGIN version for the debugger product that our enterprise also uses.

I am using the [ link removed - sharing FP distribution deep links is prohibited by the EULA ] as the download location but have also tried the URL that Ramon posted above and am seeing the same.  Location is EMEA, platform is Windows 7, IE8 / IE11 / Firefox browsers.

Any ideas folks?

Cheers

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the UK.  I have repeatedly attempted to download from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe but find that although the page states that Flash Player versions 17.0.0.188 and 13.0.0.289 are available, I must wait for the download to be in the destination folder before I am able to discover that they are in fact previous versions 17.0.0.169 and 13.0.0.281.

Does it matter if I am effectively thwarted by Adobe in my efforts to update its vulnerable software?  Adobe seems unable to do what most are able to, i.e. provide timely access to security updates.  I would be glad to be contradicted by an authoritative statement that Adobe is in fact utterly totally dedicated to the web safety of its product users.  However, this lack of availability of timely security updates is a problem which has been going on for many many months so I am grateful to such as MalwareBytes for its Anti-Exploit security product for the protection it provides me against exploits of vulnerable non-updated versions of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said that I use .exe installers for Flash Player browser plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RamonKroese I think it was removed as per the link in my post "link removed - sharing FP distribution deep links is prohibited by the EULA"

Anyway I have subsequently managed to get a working plugin version 17.0.0.188 to install successfully for our Firefox browser, but am still encountering an issue with the plugin debugger version.  Assume this will rectify itself in the next hour or so.  I do wonder if it is something to do with the replication service, as appears if you try and download too quickly and dependant on your location you sometimes get the previous version rather than the version that the site is detailing?  just a thought!

Good luck all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We are looking into this. There are a few other threads on this same issue. Please see:

17.0.0.188 msi has the old version posted

Adobe Flash Player 32-bit/64-bit Plugin 17.0.0.188 download issue for SCUP

I'll be posting updates on the other threads.  Please follow one of those two threads.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Flash Player .exe installer version 17.0.0.188 is now on my system and is operational.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi wibble98765,

Thank you for confirming.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines