• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64 and how do I close it to install Flash Player?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update my Flash Player.  During the install process it says I need to close the following program:  com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64  I have no idea what this is or how to close it.  I am running Safari 8.0.2 in OS X Yosemite.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too was trying to update adobe and it kept stopping, saying i needed to close

com.apple.webkit.plugin.64. but i had no idea where that was.  so i opened the activity monitor and found it.  it said it was opened in safari, under our guest account.  i had closed safari under my user name, but didn't realize it was still opened under our guest acct.  once i closed it there, i retried the installation, and i am happy to report it finished it with ease.

so i would say to try and make sure safari is closed for all account users using your computer!!

good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The old addage "when in doubt, reboot" is still pretty solid advice as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines