• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Section 508 Search ability

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to RoboHelp (v6), so forgive the elementary question. The "Search" function for Section 508 compliance appears to be limited, to put it nicely. The results appear to be similar to an Index, only much less helpful, returning words like "above" and pages upon pages of other unhelpful words we used in our topics like "system". I understand the need to create a Stop List for these terms for the Index. However, before getting in too deep with RoboHelp I was hoping someone could validate that entering terms in the Stop List for the Smart Index will remove the terms from being picked up in the Search function? For some reason the documentation doesn't make that clear and I'm unable to test it because of a separate issue posted to the forum. Also, because Section 508 is the requirement and a non-508 webhelp is not desired for any other reason than to implement a search using a text field (for non-508 users, of course), is it less of a maintenance hassle in the long run to implement a third-party tool like ZoomSearch, or is a non-508 webhelp option better?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveU1

I just tested this with a project and indeed the Stop List does prevent the terms from appearing in the search.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Rick!

For my second question, could it be that I am the first to ask if there is a better alternative to generating a second webhelp output for getting around the absence of a text field for searching with 508 webhelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

No, I'm pretty sure you aren't the first to ask. But what we have is what we have. So it's either use that or develop your own custom implementation.

You (and others) are strongly encouraged to voice your concerns or desires to the RoboHelp development team. How? Why I'm so happy you ask! You Click here and complete the form you should find there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp