• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Abort Captivate 3 Auto Recording session

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Captivate 3 user. How do I abort an auto-recording (cancel without insertion)?
Scenario: I start a recording session. After a few actions, I realize I have made a mistake and want to abort the recording session (without added the new recorded slides to the project).
The "End" key always imports the new slides into the project. Is there a magic abort key?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi "kleveck220", and welcome t the User2User community!

No, sorry. Of course, if the recording is for a new project, the END key will do fine. But you are obviously talking about adding more slides to an existing project, and so far as I know, the "camera" shots become a part of the project.

EDIT: Have you tried the ESC key? I haven't, and don't know if that would work or not, but you might try it and let us know what you found ...

TIP
Before adding extra slides by reopening the Recording window, determine where you want to add them, and insert two "Blank" slides ... so the new slides are added between them. Begin your recording after the fist "blank" ... that way, if you don't like what you recorded, you can easily "select" the newly added slides for a multi-slide delete action.

Because of the nature of your question, I can't help but ask how often this happens to you. Do you do a whole bunch of adding slides during the Editing stage? You might be best served by planning your project in more detail, and have a written "script" in hand before doing the original recording. That would minimize having to add slides later, I would think.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When Captivate stops recording, it displays a dialog box while it adds the new content to a project. The dialog box has a Cancel button and if you can hit the button fast enough, no new slides are added.

When I know I've made a mistake, I press the End key to stop the recording and then immediately start hammering the Esc key. Esc is a typical shortcut key for Cancel buttons and you can usually cancel the "adding" dialog before it even displays, which almost always prevents any slides from being added to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources