• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import music (non-Premiere Clip Themes) to Premiere Clip?

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add original music to Adobe Premiere Clip? I noticed that there are playlists under the Premiere Clip Themes tab. I've tried adding my music clips to the creative cloud but I haven't discovered a way to import them. Please help me

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Right now, there isn't a way to pull your music from your CC library.

It will look through any music that you have on your device in iTunes library tho.  Which is kinda good, because it's easy enough for even me to get audio there.

I made music in GarageBand, then sync'd my iPad and iPhone to my laptop - moved the music across, and it showed up in Premiere Clip just fine.

ONE TIP: You might want to create a folder or playlist called CLIP_BEDS if you want to use that music over and over. Worked gre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, there isn't a way to pull your music from your CC library.

It will look through any music that you have on your device in iTunes library tho.  Which is kinda good, because it's easy enough for even me to get audio there.

I made music in GarageBand, then sync'd my iPad and iPhone to my laptop - moved the music across, and it showed up in Premiere Clip just fine.

ONE TIP: You might want to create a folder or playlist called CLIP_BEDS if you want to use that music over and over. Worked great for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Adobe Premiere Clip is not letting me add music from my Apple Music that is on my phone.   It takes me through the whole process of finding the song that I want, but when I click "add" it takes me right back to the first screen in the process (selecting Artist, song, Album, Playlist, etc...) and it's a continual loop (even with other songs) until I hit cancel.   How would I be able to import any music at this point?

Thank you,

Joshua

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Libby,

Currently you can pull music from your iTunes Library on your device, and you can search for music by Playlist, Album, Artist, and Song. Check out this blog post for more info: Adding music to your Premiere Clip videos. We'd love to hear your requests for other music import options!

You can also check out this post about Getting Started with Premiere Clip for an overview of the entire workflow.

Best,

Bronwyn

Community Manager for Premiere Clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to pull original .MP3s into my Premiere Clip project. I have iTunes on my PC and I was able to import them into my iTunes Library. I turned on Homesharing and the devices don't exactly match up. The iPad sees some of my music but not the .mp3 files. I also put the mp3 files on Dropbox and the iPad doesn't let you easily put them into the iTunes library. So Premiere Clip still can't see my .MP3s. Premiere Clip isn't even seeing my iTunes Library. I checked out iMovie and it is picking up my newly imported files from iTunes. Dropbox also let's me share my mp3s with iMovie. But Premiere Clip, the music is nowhere to be found/synched up, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully imported my .MP3s into my Music Library. Premiere Clip now sees them and PLAYS them, but when I go to 'replace the soundtrack,' I get this error: MISSING SOUNDTRACK: the soundtrack is missing because it was moved or deleted from this device."

This makes no sense when the music file is downloaded on the ipad and playable in my music list AND it DOES play the preview in Premiere Clip. it just doesn't replace the old theme soundtrack with my original music.

I'm so close! Looking forward to any advice for my last step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of importing your own music on Android? As, obviously, you can't have iTunes on Android.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert to an audio codec that IS supported on your Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually a bit premature posting this question. All I had to do was drag an mp3 into the 'Music' folder on my phone from my pc and I'm good to go.

Thanks John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to remove the music, then add your new original music?  Also, try duplicating the project and attempting the same.  It's possible that there's something finicky in that project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Bottom line (after a lot of hours) I had to import the file on my Android (Galaxy S5). I got it to work on that but it never imported on the iPad2. Once the song was there and saved to the cloud, the iPad picked up the soundtrack. However, the iPad played back the file poorly after it rendered and it plays fine on a PC.

Here's how the file is in its current state:

http://adobe.ly/2aoAteP

Needs some fine tuning in Premiere Pro & AE.

Thanks for the help. The forum has been full of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Android people:

OK, I know this is an old post, but after struggling with this all morning I found a solution!! At least for my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I would expect this to work in other Android phones but haven't tried.

After trying to add my music to Adobe Clip every possible other way, I discovered that it only works if A) it's an mp3 (even though the Adobe documentation says that WAV files will work), and B) IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR PHONE'S DOWNLOAD FOLDER. I haven't tried downloading directly to that folder yet, I have my phone hooked up to my laptop and I'm copying files into PHONE/DOWNLOAD. And it's working, every time. Each file shows up on SONGS in the app. I've added them to clips and everything.

One note: Clip pulls the title from the ID3 tags, no matter what you have the file named. So if you're not finding a song, look for it under another title. If you change the ID3 tag info BEFORE you copy it over to the DOWNLOAD folder, then the title will show up correctly. But if you already have the file in there and try to replace it with a new one with different ID3 info, the title will not change. You have to delete the original file from your phone and then add the MP3 with the correct ID3 tags.

Hopes this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Just looking into downloading Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos for promotional purposes, and my music comes from Amazon...how would I be able to download Amazon music onto Adobe Premiere Pro? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you've figured this out by now but for anyone else, here it is. You have to have PURCHASED the music from Amazon (a specific song, for example), not just from their subscription service. After you purchase the song, go to Returns and Orders, then click the Digital Orders tab. Once you're in there, your purchased track should be visible in the list; click on Download Music and download it to your machine, not to Amazon Music. I literally did this less than a week ago (for a little family project--nothing I'll release to the public) with no problems. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, you can't download Amazon Music onto Adobe Premiere Pro directly as Amazon Music is protected. But now you can make it via the Amazon Music Converter. With it, you can convert and download Amazon Music as local files for Premiere Pro. Then you can add Amazon Music to Premiere Pro without any limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazon sells MP3s for download. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can buy single music or whole albums from Amazon Music Store, and then download them to MP3s locally or import them to another media player, like iTunes or Windows Media Player. And then you can add these MP3s to your Premiere clips. 

If you don't want to pay extra money for the Amazon Music songs, you can also try Macsome Amazon Music Downloader, which lets you download Amazon Music to MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc. You can still use Amazon Music in your Premiere clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines