• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make custom buttons operate like default buttons?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have custom buttons that link correctly, however, the look and feel is not the same as the default buttons. My customer wants a background when selected (like the default buttons). Also, when I select my custom button, the last default button selected appears to remain selected. What is the fix for this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI kate_paints

I've seen others ask for this. The thing is, the default buttons remain in that "selected" state because they change what the Navigation Frame does. I've never seen a custom button that influenced the Navigation Frame. Normally, a custom button does something entirely different. For example, when I was still employed in the corporate world, I had a custom button on one of my WebHelp systems that simply opened an external FeedBack form. And another that opened the appropriate intranet page for that department of the company.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I make all the buttons custom so they look alike? This would require a call to index (hyperlink the file?) and the TOC (hyperlink what?). Or, convince my customer they don't need the buttons to look alike and they have to live with the last default selected which looks like an error to them. The custom buttons call FAQs, Data Dictionary, etc. (just other html files).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Hmmm, that may be a solution. If you download the Skinny on Skins file from my site (in my sig line) you should find information inside that for creating the links you will need so the custom buttons open the TOC, Index Etc.

Might actually be worth a shot! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp