Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking users

Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a coldfusion application which I have setup witht a DB to store users logins and passwords. This works fine.

What I want to be able to do is be able to track individual users when they have logged on. i.e. pages visited number of times logged on.

For logins I have an appication.cfm, a login.cfm and a login_process.cfm file to process the logins.

Can I modify these to be able to handle user tracking?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at CGI.CF_TEMPLATE_PATH or CGI.PATH_TRANSLATED while in Application.cfm. Each contains the name of page being loaded. This means you can track each page loaded in a database. And if you are keeping the users' ids in the database, you can see who is going where, when, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have never used any CGI variables but I will take a look at this.

How do the variables tie into the DB do you have to use INSERT along with the CGI variable to populate the DB with the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation