Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Window Caption

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2007 Jul 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently generating a .chm for a help project which has been translated from English into Dutch. I want the output window title of the .chm file to be specific to the project, but it keeps generating as 'HTML Help' even though I have changed the title in both the Widows dialog in the Project section and the project title in the Project Settings dialog... what am I missing? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Goldiew

In my little list of things to remember, I found the following advice. (Rick's suggestion I think)

Open the .HHP file, under the section : [OPTIONS] check what the Language= setting says.
It probably isn't Dutch.

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job Brian

Saw this post and was headed here to reply and saw you had beat me to the punch with the same information I was about to post!

Happy Friday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Almost forgot to add. You may wish to amend the line to read:

Language=0x409 English (United States)

While this may aid in having the window display properly for you on your PC, I'm unsure of the effect when the .CHM would display on a PC where it was configured for Dutch. I suspect that without the line, it would probably show what you expect to see on the Dutch PC. In other words, test with caution.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I had changed the Language and .LNG file, the problem is that i cant make the title say anything other than 'HTML Help' in the output window. I don't think its a language probelm, just that the project may have become corrupted somewhere in translation, but I don't know where else to change the window caption!

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas? Sure!

Try defining a totally new window with the attributes you want. Then configure the new window as the default in the Single Source Layout.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window Properties?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both the above suggestions and its still returning 'HTML Help' as the output window title instead of the title I want...

I appreciate your help though.... I think there is something very strange going on here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was your default layout when you created the new window? Make sure it was Microsoft HTML Help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clutching at straws.

What is your default editor? If Word, try changing all of its langauge settings. May be a conflict

Have a nice weekend all.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2007 Jul 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Goldiew,

HTML Help is pretty picky with the language settings. You'll see the Dutch window title only when compiling for the Dutch language (note the Language setting in the project's HHP) and running on a Dutch OS.

The most secure way is to have your developers programmatically set the window title when the help window is opened from the application.

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r's solution seem to have worked the best ( I have just obtained a Dutch OS to test on) ... so I thought I would let you all know. I replaced the language string in the .hhp file to Language=0x409 English (United States), and it seems to have resolved the problems, I just wasn't sure if it would create other problems instead!!!

Anyway- I have a feeling it has something to do with the 'ë' character which is in this line when you set the language to Dutch- could be a bug perhaps?

Thanks for all your help and time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See also the second half of my post on 12/07/2007 to this thread. I list the steps that worked for me to conditionalize the title bar in HTMLHelp output (*.CHM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp