• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting issues in legacy documents

New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older Help project that is having formatting problems with non-IE browsers. I previously was able to work around those issues by using the "Convert RoboHelp Edited topics to HTML." However, RH11 is now adding a reference to "http://www,w3,irg/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" in the output of every topic that is messing with the format. Is there any way to suppress RoboHELP from adding this reference in published topics? It is part of the DOCTYPE tag at the start of each topic. I can manually delete each reference, but I have hundreds of topics...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is an option to remove that. The easiest option is probably to use a find and replace tool to strip the DTD from all your output files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regrettably the real answer is to delve into why you are having those formatting options. Can you show us some examples?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp