Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option Missing from File Menu

New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

When we opened RoboHelp (10) this morning, the Generate option had disappeared from the File menu. It was there and working yesterday when we closed the project. We have tried all the obvious fixes (File > Customize...), resetting to defaults, etc. The project will NOT let us simply drag the option back to the File menu or to the toolbar. I was able to create a shortcut key in order to gain access to the function, but I want it back in the menu as an option. Ideas, anyone? Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you positive that you have the project open?  No offense meant, only that without a project open, I don't see Generate from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the project is most definitely open.

Here is another 'clue' that I should have mentioned: the FIle menu on my machine shows all of the options, including Generate. When we open the project on another user's machine (same RH, same OS, same browsers), the Generate option does NOT appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if you already tried this, but right-clcik the menus and choose Customize. Then ensure the Toolbars tab is selected. Ensure menu bar is selected as well as highlighted and click the Reset button?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. We did try that, but it didn't restore the Generate option to

the File menu. Thank you for your input,

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, one other thing to check. Admittedly, this is a long shot, but you never know.

Right-click the menus again and choose Customize, But this time head for the Options tab. Is the option for always showing full menus enabled?

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried reinstalling Rh? The fact that it has happened on more than one machine does not fill me with hope but it's worth a try.

I have never seen anyone report this before.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the help file be generated from the Single Source pod?  Right-click and choose Generate? Or is that greyed out too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp