• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My laptop won't install Flash Player.

New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get flash player to install on my laptop.  It gets to 90%, then fails.  I run Win 7, 32 bit, with Norton 360 security.  I don't believe Norton is causing the failure, but perhaps an old file or setting still installed that is blocking it.  I have not been able to install it for a while now, but it is getting frustrating and any assistance would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?" and click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi chadrech43009673,

It's possible Norton is blocking the installation.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  Sometimes anti-virus programs block the installer from downloading in the background.

You can try disabling Norton and trying the install again.  If it completes, then Norton was the culprit.  If it fails, please provide the following files:

• FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • The two log files inside the The two log files saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs directory

Upload the files using the instructions posted in this FAQ: How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines