• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OSX Flash installer hangs up at 95%

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been going on for months now, with no Flash. Have tried uninstalling, clean install, and the offline installer...but still always hangs up at 95% until I force quit. Help!?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd61713525,

What is the name of the installer file you are using?  We have a few different installer files and this will identify which one you're using and enable us to better troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most current one I tried (yesterday) is <<install_flash_player_osx-2.dmg>> But I've tried many other versions previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd61713525,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please see Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.  Install.log file contains a bunch of stuff and we only need the Flash Player related content.  This FAQ will describe how to obtain only the Flash Player related content.  Since you're using the offline installer we won't need the ADM files mentioned in the FAQ.  These files will be fairly large.  Instructions for uploading the files are linked to at the bottom of the FAQ.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've uploaded the aa and aa files here: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

There were no dobe_ADM.log or Adobe_GDE.log files on my computer. Let me know if you need anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria. Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd61713525,

Sorry for not replying sooner.

The install.log file you provided only contains the following:

Apr 22 17:30:09 new-host-5.home installer[3288]: JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /Volumes/Time Machine Backups\

Apr 22 17:30:09 new-host-5.home installer[3288]: JS: Flash Player Install: Error: Non-OS Volume detected.\

Was there additional output in the log file that you didn't provide, or was that it?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria - yes, I put in a placeholder in the install.log file, ran the installer, and that's as far as it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria. Any updates or help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd61713525,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Unfortunately, it looks like something is wrong with the file system and the installer can't see the root drive to install to.  A Google search returns numerous results affecting various products and the recurring theme is that something is wrong with the disk.  There are many recommendations from various sources, but nothing definitive.

Here's a similar thread over on the Apple forums:

Broken Installer Permissions | Apple Support Communities

And a similar older one:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1203509

I would try the following options:

1. Try using the PKG installer. This is used Mac SysAdmins to install Flash Player within their organization and uses a slightly different installer path, which may or may not work.
  2. Some people have had success with disk and permissions repair some have not.  You can try running a disk and permissions repair.  After the disk and permissions repair is complete, reboot the system and try to install again using either the online installer (get.adobe.com/flashplayer) or the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the ‘Still having problems’ section.

If these options do not work, I'd reach out to Apple support to see if they have a suggestion.  If you do find a resolution to this, please let me know.  I'll be happy to share it with people that encounter the problem in the future.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the "Try Disk Utility" section:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

While you're there, choose Repair Filesystem Permissions (Verify will frequently return clean, but then Repair will still fix a bunch of problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines