Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying a topic TOC to all topics

Community Expert ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but I just want to confirm I'm not missing something.

I want to add a topic TOC immediately below the first heading of every topic. The only way to do this is to manually add the placeholder to every topic (either through RH or via a find and replace on the html), right? It's not possible to do using a master page or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Hi there

For immediately below the first heading, yeah, I think you are pretty "stuck". If it was immediately BEFORE, you could perhaps accomplish it via a Master Page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For immediately below the first heading, yeah, I think you are pretty "stuck". If it was immediately BEFORE, you could perhaps accomplish it via a Master Page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tip on making the find/replace and maintenance easier: Create a snippet with the minitoc. Then add the snippet code to your HTML instead of the placeholder code itself. Much cleaner and easier to change later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea. Thanks Willam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp