• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Topics for a review

Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any way to have certain topics not build to the pdf review process. I can't seem to find any options on it and was wondering if any one knew a way to do this.

I am trying out using conditional tags but am not having any luck on the pdf output with this.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007
Hi there

To my knowledge, the PDF output uses the same Conditional Build process other outputs use. So you should be able to tag the undesired topics, then generate the PDF by specifying a conditional build expression that excludes the tagged information.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge, the PDF output uses the same Conditional Build process other outputs use. So you should be able to tag the undesired topics, then generate the PDF by specifying a conditional build expression that excludes the tagged information.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that, unfortunately, the File | Convert to Adobe PDF and Send for Review doesn't give me the option to define a conditional build process.

I am using RoboHelp 7, and I can't find any way to get the File | Generate PDF or File | Convert to Adobe PDF and Send for Review to do this.

Do you know of any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try running a Printed Documentation output to Word (using a conditional build to exclude topics) and generate a PDF from the Word file, provided you have a tool for going from Word to PDF. It's an extra step, and you may have to deal with the styles and formatting, but in the end it should get you what you want.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create a new print layout and only include the topics you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, I am still very new to RoboHelp and just found the Single Source Layout Pod that allowed me to generate a PDF using the Conditional Build Tags.

Thanks alot!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, so the conditional tags are not working, but...I can choose to output only the topics that I want.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp