Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize TOC item image

Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I would like to customize the TOC so that the books in the first level appear without the book images. The procedure described in the old Skinny on skins does not work any more because the Webhelp-output has evidently changed.

Is a solution known for customizing TOC entires in RH X5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of Rick's tricks involve editing WebHelp output files and saving them in another folder (outside the project), so that you can use them over and over to replace what RH generates at each compilation.

That is: yes, the WebHelp output changes every time. That's why you need to replace some of those files (whthost.js, whtdhtml.htm, etc.).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Indeed the Skinny on Skins is a bit long in the tooth and I've simply not had the time I would have liked to keep it up with all the changes and what does and doesn't work with the modifications.

However, that being said, I would strongly encourage you and anyone else that could, to submit an enhancement request that asks the development team to provide us an ability within the RoboHelp UI that allows setting these in the same manner as we can for compiled .CHM files. Perhaps right within the Skins editor.

To open and complete the Wish Form, click here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast replies, in case I find a solution that works with X5 Webhelp output I will post it allthough that may be obsolete again with RH7. It does seem that a lot of such issues could be swatted with a more powerful skin editor and then even interversion-compatible.

Leon, excuse me for beeing a bit inexcact. I meant that the webhelp output files have changed between the RH versions and that therefore the Skinny solution does not work any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that Rick's tips are NOT working in X5?

Nay, nay, not so! As a matter of fact, I've never used those fixes in anything BUT X5.0.2. If they're not working for you, you might want to try them again.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MergeThis, of course I am only speaking of this one issue, the Skinny tips are still the reference for me on doing anything with a webhelp.

In this case, when I remane a book entry (in the XML file that contains the TOC data) to a "remoteitem", then the TOC is not displayed anymore. Probably the script is somehow confused.

I found no solution to suppress the book icons for top-level entries, so I guess I´ll have to live with it. This is a web-based training and the top entries are titled Lesson 1, Lesson 2 etc. The customer preferres having no book symbols beside them, only for lower-level chapters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robert.

Had you considered creating a new TOC image that's 1x1 transparent pixel and adding it to the list? Seems to me I remember RoboWizard using this technique somewhere...can't think where now...brain going fast.

HTH,
Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Elisa, that works fine to make ALL book or item icons dissappear. In this case, it was only the book icons on the top level that should dessappear. But thanks for the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp